My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Dont know much about those. They used to be popular years ago when ZTRs first came out but i havent seen a Dixon in years.
I think they strarted to make them 1974 I know in 2002 there was a recall on them for there gas tanks they would crack but these look newer the early one had problems with there trans

ED CASO

·
Registered
972 Posts
If I had a big enough lawn I would love to have one like that. Where I'm at, with my small lawn I would wear out the trans/hydro steer thing, lol...

I see them everywhere and in fact I think there's one of the original oldies on our local craigs right now...

·
Registered
310 Posts
I recall hearing that some Dixons had some all mechanical power-balancing drive system driving the wheels. It avoided hydrostatic costs but reportedly developed slippage problems for many owners. Some comments mentioned "cones" with that friction drive system. When they're working, I think they work very well. I just don't know how durable they were. Later Dixons may have solved those problems. Obviously before investing, you should do some primary research.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts