My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this on CL for cheap figuring the regulator was worth more than I paid for it and could recoup my money if the welder was crap. So far I have wired in for 220, fixed the plug on the welder and cleaned her up a bit. Now I am looking to clean the inside connections a bit more with some air and contact cleaner. After that I will probably just get some flux core to see how it welds. It turned on fine once I had the wiring done and I was able to switch to mig and struck what wire was in there to get a spark. Anyways, I'm pretty jacked to have an older quality welder that I hope to put to use soon. Before you tell me parts are hard to get, I found this place that has the a complete replacement for the hardest part to find, the gun.
http://weldmart.com/airco ergo mig gun id page.htm

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
:thThumbsU nice find! And glad to hear it at least sparked.
Looking forward to hearing/seeing how it welds.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I gave it a try tonight and it worked great! Very happy with my purchase. Of course this is my brothers computer and I'm posting under his name......I need some sleep.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Wow,
You got the Tig set up too!
Any chance you could post some pictures of that? I got the stick leads, and the mig gun with mine but I want to set up for tig too.

Thanx,
Eric

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

It looks like the tig torch has the gas control knob on it too. That't the kind I need to get.

Your's looks a lot cleaner than the one I got.

Good score!

Eric

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Nice rig! I learned how to mig on a Dip/stick 350 ! But it didn't have atig set-up:(
But my Syncrowave does,and it works great ! I miss that 350, it ran 1/16th flux like a dream.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts