My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I couldn't resist driving by a running 1987 JD 214 with, deck, blower, turbo bagger, weights, and a cart today for 250.00

it's always nice to have a back-up tractor with some goodies. I'm picking it up tonight.

Of course the Landlord will still be my primary mower.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Don't feel so guilty. I have a JD 318 along with my Simp Conquest, Broadmore 6010, and Baron 3414. I love them all. However, I will always say nothing mows like a Simplicity. It sounds like you getting a super deal on the JD. I would pay $250 just for the tractor and you're getting all the attachments too!:thThumbsU

Mark

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Thats a very good deal. Please post some pics of it. slkpk

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here it is. It smokes a bit, but i think i will hang onto it for while.
I'm looking forward to using the turbo bagger attachment for leaf collection and the snowblower in the winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Looks like you have some pretty good help there!! Nice find.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yeah, she is great help. Just ask her where my 7/16 socket is. hah.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Don't think much about it smoking some i find that most of them do some. Just check the oil every time before you start it, then you will get to know more about the shape of the engine. I have to add oil to mine from time to time but it don't smoke me out like freight train, mostly stops after i use it for a few min. You did real good on that buy. I have 5 JD's and I would have jumped at it too. sparklie___________:greendr:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well now that I see the pictures there is no doubt that you got a super deal. I pictured it as a well used, often neglected, outside stored, not running rust bucket. That's what would draw a $250 price tag around here. If I was offered that package I would have jumped on it without a second thought. As much as we all love Simplicitys on this forum, I think most of us have a little soft spot for John Deeres too.:trink39:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Oh by the way, be sure to jump up to the JD forum here and introduce yourself if you haven't already. You will probably recognize a lot of familiar posters there too.

Now that you have a JD, you will have to re-train your little helper to look for a 10 millimeter socket instead of that 7/16th because Deere uses metrics.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the heads up on the metric - I would not have guessed that. The little helper is gifted in hiding both standard and metric tools, so no worries there - http://www.mytractorforum.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

I haven't had a chance to get a good look at the green machine yet. hoping to tomorrow.

I did post on the JD forum as well. thanks

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice looking simplicities. there is something about orange

·
Registered
511 Posts
Awesome deal!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts