My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to put a 5 gallon bucket on the back of my mower (LT2000 247.28905), i dont want to tow around a dump cart or any cart. All i want it for is to pick up sticks and debri that blows in my yard and a 5 gallon bucket would be perfect.

But i have no way to mount it to the rear. I have seen those "tray" like attachments on SUV's and trucks for more hauling space. Does anyone make those for lawn tractors? if so something like that would be perfect. I could set the bucket on it and just bungy cord it in place.

I dont know if im making any sense so please forgive me.
I will try to find examples if i can find any.

·
Super Moderator
17,139 Posts
This may be what your looking for it called a tractor Buddy Made By Larin http://garage-toys.com/latrbu.html Hope this Helps :thThumbsU
BTW welcome to the forum:MTF_wel:

·
MTF Member
425 Posts
But i have no way to mount it to the rear...I could set the bucket on it and just bungy cord it in place.
:thThumbsU

Picture please, show the back of the tractor, and the job will dictate its self.:fing32:
DMAC

·
GramPa
1,043 Posts
try this thread, I think it may be what your looking for.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=134755

I need to put a 5 gallon bucket on the back of my mower (LT2000 247.28905), i dont want to tow around a dump cart or any cart. All i want it for is to pick up sticks and debri that blows in my yard and a 5 gallon bucket would be perfect.

But i have no way to mount it to the rear. I have seen those "tray" like attachments on SUV's and trucks for more hauling space. Does anyone make those for lawn tractors? if so something like that would be perfect. I could set the bucket on it and just bungy cord it in place.

I dont know if im making any sense so please forgive me.
I will try to find examples if i can find any.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think toolin around with a 5 gal bucket would be a waste of gas.
Why do you say that? Im not filling it with cement or bricks. Just small branches, the occasional fast food bags, cups and whatnot that blow into my yard, things like that. Plus maybe throw my work gloves, shears, hedge trimmer in there or whatever. Do whatever within reason.

For instance last week someone smashed a UV Blue liquor bottle in the street and half of it ended up in my yard. When i approached it on the mower i have to stop, ride back to the house, get a bucket, walk back out to the spot (cant carry it on the mower, no where to put it hence this thread) pick it all up and then walk back to the house to get back on the mower.

That would be perfect, have a part number?

Type of tractor would help?:trink39:

Sorry

Craftsman LT2000 247.28905
20hp briggs
hydro static
ummm thats about it really

try this thread, I think it may be what your looking for.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=134755
Thats awsome! but is it universal? who makes it? where can i get it?
No one said anything in that thread that could give me a lead other than the JD signia.

Ideally this is EXACTLY what i need.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had one of the beds you were talking about that SUVs carry on the back. Mine is aluminum that I bought from Harbor Freight. I bought a receiver hitch that goes on the sleeve hitch from Johnny Bucket. Attached the Bed to it and I now have a pickup GT. I can put buckets, weights or anything else I want to carry in my pickup bed. The tube on the bed that plugs into the receiver was too long so I had to cut it down. Good luck.

Harris

·
GramPa
1,043 Posts
C'mon, Waste of gas? That bad boy could haul a Aerobait Bait Saver for walleye. Not so sure the tractor would make to the loading dock though:fing20: All attachments the make the ladies as mad as hornets in a poked nest have some value.:sidelaugh

I think toolin around with a 5 gal bucket would be a waste of gas. May as well just walk around with a pail. Why not put some real hauling capacity on the back of the tractor to make it worth while.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07107428000P?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5
http://s.shld.net/is/image/Sears/07...n=1&qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys these are great ideas and leads to what i need.

·
Packer Backer
1,021 Posts
Why do you say that? Im not filling it with cement or bricks. Just small branches, the occasional fast food bags, cups and whatnot that blow into my yard, things like that. Plus maybe throw my work gloves, shears, hedge trimmer in there or whatever. Do whatever within reason.

For instance last week someone smashed a UV Blue liquor bottle in the street and half of it ended up in my yard. When i approached it on the mower i have to stop, ride back to the house, get a bucket, walk back out to the spot (cant carry it on the mower, no where to put it hence this thread) pick it all up and then walk back to the house to get back on the mower.
That is EXACTLY what I use my bucket for. I carry a weed sprayer, pruning saw, gloves, whatever along with me. If I find cans or bottles in the ditch (always!) I toss them in there rather than holding them in one hand and running back to the house. I've found my single bucket holder to be a very useful addition.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is EXACTLY what I use my bucket for. I carry a weed sprayer, pruning saw, gloves, whatever along with me. If I find cans or bottles in the ditch (always!) I toss them in there rather than holding them in one hand and running back to the house. I've found my single bucket holder to be a very useful addition.
Finaly someone who understands how useful something like this is.

Fortunate for you JD gives you a way to do just that.
Unfortunate for me Sears dont make anything and i still cant seem to find anything "universal" or something i can make work for me.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I'm wondering if you really need a special bracket. Just drill a hole in the bottom of the bucket to line up with the clevis hitch and drop a pin through the hole and through the clevis hitch. Then hook a bungee cord to the frame on one side, wrap it around the top of the bucket and hook the other end to the frame on the other side. The bucket will sit on the clevis hitch.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts