My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Ford 1710 4wd
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have had this tractor for years and it has been a very reliable and good tractor. Recently I have been noticing the headlights have just been flickering, and I didn't think much of it because they would just go back to normal. Then one day after this had been happening, I was going to open the hood and the hood latch started sparking, then the headlights would go out. This kept happening until one day all the lights just stopped working including the dash lights. It stopped sparking absolutely nothing is happening. So this is where I’m at.
Could it be dash light switch or could it be a wire for the headlights that shook itself through the casing of the wire and is touching the hood that is causing the problem?
Could it be a fuse?

Exact tractor is 1983 Ford 1710 4wd 1794 hours.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kirby

·
Registered
1983 Ford 1710 4wd
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They are the illumination lights on the dash that have gone out. But the warning lights still work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.