My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
And in all those years been riding short track sleds 121 inch sleds. Now getting older and not wanting to have to dug myself out when playing in the really deep snow I switched to a long track sled. All I can say is WOW!!!
This will go anywhere, and I'll bet I find where it won't go. This is light, fast and goes anywhere or near anywhere.
Those young guys hate to see this fat old guy whipping their butts. Let it snow

Attachments

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
Nice machine!
I like the name written on the side. :tango_face_devil:

·
Administrator
7,066 Posts
Yeah, buddy!! Now there's a sled! :tango_face_smile: Very nice and congratulations. I'm sure it's an absolute blast. Thanks for sharing with us and be sure to post more pictures once you get it into some powder!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Longer tracks certainly are the trend for good reason. I was really thinking about doing a track extension. For the cost of studding the track, for not a lot more one could just extend the track and replace with a pre studded track and then you have a new track too.

·
Organized Chaos!
243 Posts
That's a very cool and futuristic looking sled you got there. Looks like the rear suspension would be a big help for some of us who are well over the big Five-O. lol

I have an old 1983 Yamaha Exciter in nice shape & it was pretty good for the time period, but if you ran over a rabbit turd the thing would bottom out. :1221:

Bob

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Gone are the days of the 121 track for me as well. Mine is the orange one (136"). My wife's sled is the plaid one (141"). That is all the track I need in flat North Dakota.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
It's a short track but it pulls unbelievably out of the hole.

·
Super Moderator
25,858 Posts
Sleds have really changed, we owned a Mercury Lightning 398cc in the 70's (bought used). Fuel tank behind 2nd rider position so weight was really poorly distributed. My friend had a Rupp 440, thing would turn on a dime! The sleds pictured above don't even resemble the sleds we rode then! Would like to take a new one for a spin!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Woo Hoo going to Hayward WI tomorrow for the rest of the week, they got two dumps of snow, Saturday and Wed. of 5 & 6".

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Here is another picture from last weekend. I am planning on going out again this weekend while we still have snow. Although rain is in the forecast.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Had a good time Mon-Wed., but the very warm conditions trashed the trails by Thursday. The season is about over now.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Getting to be the season soon. Two of my buddies have since moved to Hayward WI. Just bought a new 2018 Ski Doo Renegade Enduro with 800 E-Tec today, will pick up Monday and a used 7 x 23' tandem axle trailer for hauling.

This is this years offering, but the same thing:

https://www.ski-doo.com/ski-doo/renegade/renegade-enduro.html

Keeping the old one as it has under 2,000 miles.

Yamaha Nytro FX

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Those sure look like a lot of fun. I used to ride and sold my last two sleds 20 years ago. At that time I considered that one of the happiest days of my life. But really, I do miss having one around, nothing quite like a ride across the lake after a fresh snowfall.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
You lost me Junky, you were happy selling the sleds or happy snowmobiling?:tango_face_smile:

·
Administrator
7,066 Posts
Getting to be the season soon. Two of my buddies have since moved to Hayward WI. Just bought a new 2018 Ski Doo Renegade Enduro with 800 E-Tec today, will pick up Monday and a used 7 x 23' tandem axle trailer for hauling.

This is this years offering, but the same thing:

https://www.ski-doo.com/ski-doo/rene...de-enduro.html

Keeping the old one as it has under 2,000 miles.

Yamaha Nytro FX
Bet you're excited to go shred some powder! Brrraaap! :)

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
And in all those years been riding short track sleds 121 inch sleds. Now getting older and not wanting to have to dug myself out when playing in the really deep snow I switched to a long track sled. All I can say is WOW!!!
This will go anywhere, and I'll bet I find where it won't go. This is light, fast and goes anywhere or near anywhere.
Those young guys hate to see this fat old guy whipping their butts. Let it snow
Nice machine! If you REALLY want something that'll go in the deep snow, you should have seen the old Ski-Doo Alpine with its twin 15" tracks. I don't remember what the track length was, but the flotation was incredible -- the deeper the better for that thing. First sled I ever had, and I loved it: 1968 Ski-Doo Super Alpine, 18.5 HP, top speed of 35 or so. I think Mom wanted a safe machine for her 12 year old. My brother and I, of course, wanted more speed and were drooling over the Ski-Doo TNT's, Rupp Nitro, etc.

Here's an old pic of me on last sled, a 2000 Yamaha SX-R 700, sweet machine. Geez, you have me missing my snowmobiling days!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 54 Posts