My Tractor Forum banner

I have a walker diesel with 750 hours which I bought new...

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rantique 
#1 ·
I love the way it cuts BUT I have real issues with the cooling system. It is terrible at best. replaced all radiator control switches twice and the controller, flushed the radiator many times replaced the thermostat twice.and the fan motor 5 TIMES..no real advice from walker. they have been making this model for some time. Look at the resale on the diesel it is horrible. STILL I like the walker cut....so to solve the cooling issue buy a 16 inch car cooling fan wire it to the battery with a simple switch..disconnect the fabulous non working factory radiator switches...and for 40 bucks you have an operational walker diesel mower that works at 205 degrees and does not OVERHEAT.

#2 ·
welcome to this site, please give us some more information like the model number
as to the engines most are Kubota Diesel's which are darn good motors, overheating due to problems with electrical issues with those hours ,one most start with cleaning grounds

#4 ·
welcome to this site, please give us some more information like the model number
as to the engines most are Kubota Diesel's which are darn good motors, overheating due to problems with electrical issues with those hours ,one most start with cleaning grounds
I replaced and cleaned the fan relay ground wires.the motor is wonderful and it is my 3rd piece of equipment with a similar diesel motor.the walker cooling fans have detached from the fan motor or quit working even when directly wired to the battery or worked intermittently...so I changed the control sensors and thermostat twice and the fan 5 times flushed the radiator checked the water pump another words replaced everything twice and the cooling fan 5 times..now direct wired a 16 inch car elec fan and the diesel motor works GREAT finally.@205 degrees ..looking
back for years this has been a problem on repair sites.. that is what encouraged me to abandoned the walker design..I bought the mower new expecting quality at the price..which is why I am so irritated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.