My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past 4 days, I have had it with my 111 snowblower. The belt keeps coming off! This is tedious when I have 6 houses to do and not much time to do it. I called my local mechanic, and he gave insight on what to do and I did what he said, but the belt came off still! :banghead3 And the belt is all ripped and torn so I have to order a new belt and refix it.:dunno: Anyone feeling nice enough to give away their x700 tractor? :trink39:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Over the past 4 days, I have had it with my 111 snowblower. The belt keeps coming off! This is tedious when I have 6 houses to do and not much time to do it. I called my local mechanic, and he gave insight on what to do and I did what he said, but the belt came off still! :banghead3 And the belt is all ripped and torn so I have to order a new belt and refix it.:dunno: Anyone feeling nice enough to give away their x700 tractor? :trink39:
Number 1 reason why i bought a x7

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
JDF, I'm not sure if this will help you, but... I had the same problem last year. Had two dealers look at it with no luck . Cost me a bundle, too ! This fall our grandson was with us for awhile and he and I put the snowblower on my Husqvarna. When grandson was getting up he placed his hand on the front tire and said " WHOA !! this feels low! " I WAS low. It was 8lbs. instead of 12. I checked the tire and there was a nail on the inside sidewall. A slow leak I guess. I never noticed it during the summer because the lawn still looked good. Anyhow, we fixede the leak and I have used the snowblower a couple of times since. Just one of those crazy things. So maybe, just maybe, you might have a similar problem. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been checking my tires many times this winter, but i just called the fixer upper again and he said ther is an L bracket that keeps the belt on the pulley and by adjusting how tight the belt is, you need to realign that so the belt will stay on. I'm going to take a look this afternoon and see if that is missing or not set correctly and hopefully fix my problem! Then I just need to throw $50 into a new belt and I am on my way! Hopefully..

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
harder when you have to have a mule drive change belt directions, the blower on my 214 is a straight shot, nothing to go wrong
theres a 212 in town-don't know much about it, but that would be very nice! I think it has a hydraulic lift on it also! I don't know though, I love my 111 when it works!
:thThumbsU

·
Registered
467 Posts
Take some time & carefully put the belt on without twist. I spent about 15-20 minutes the other night correcting mine & it works much better now.

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
If you love your 111, you'd really love a 212!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts