My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately the wheel weights and chains are for smaller tires, but the plow is the 48' dozer blade, so well worth it!

·
Registered
391 Posts
What a steal! One wheel weight costs more than $50.00

I'm wondering why this has two operating levers? Most of these Craftsman Agri-fab plows I have seen use one lever for lift/lower with a slide tube on the same lever for angling the plow. This setup resembles the Sears scoop operating system. I had/have both the plow and scoop, so this looks like a hybrid, or could it be a plow modified to fit the scoop mounting bracket???

Whatever it is, you got the whole enchilada. The chains can be lengthened to fit your machine - you just need some quick links and extra pieces from another set of chains. I've gotten chains from the Salvation army thrift store for not much money.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The so called GT Dozer blade has separate levers for raise/lower and angle. I'm headed to Harbor Freight to grab a small atv winch for the raise/ lower function.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The so called GT Dozer blade has separate levers for raise/lower and angle. I'm headed to Harbor Freight to grab a small atv winch for the raise/ lower function.
good idea! If it is a similar mechanism to the scoop, it is an engineering student's dream - or nightmare. huge lever-arc for not much lift height and a terrible latch mechanism. I did the HF winch replacement on my scoop.

I used the solenoid in the pix so I could mount a toggle switch on the dash.

Attachments

·
Father Deerest
2,686 Posts
You may want to reconsider the winch. First they are slow raising/lowering and the handle will keep the blade from bouncing over uneven ground offering a little down pressure not available with a winch. Just my .02, but I still like the idea of a winch who doesn't, it gives you a little more confidence to run offroad a bit, make a few dog trails? I got a winch early spring to clear small saplings in the muddy areas, it just never seemed to stop raining so it payed for itself more than once.

·
I break things
364 Posts
Nice score. I picked up my dozer blade from Sears for not much more than that. It was a leftover floor model that was taken off the tractor. I had to go through the mess of parts to make sure they were all there. I am glad I have it!

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
I have a winch set up on my blade and it works great and I would not say it is slow.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts