My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this site through a Google search.Great site BTW(Got it Bookmarked!)

I noticed my cub cadet has been leaking gas over the last 2 weeks.Its kinda hard to tell where its leaking from.Looks like its coming from the lines coming out of the gas tank to the Carb but im not to sure(see pic below)
Cubcadet.jpg

Its been working fine until yesterday.As I was finishing up my weedeating i noticed it started going dead on me like it was running out of gas.I try not to put to much in the tank as the next day some of it leaks out.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The brown one is the gas supply and the green one is the overflow for the primer.I noticed the main gas supply has another connector on it right before it connects to the carb,Its white.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Mine was leaking around the black plug that goes into the gas tank. Took it out and put silicon sealer around it and plugged it back in. It has leaked since. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine was leaking around the black plug that goes into the gas tank. Took it out and put silicon sealer around it and plugged it back in. It has leaked since. Welcome to the forum.
Ok that might be where its coming from.Why does it leak when its not running though?I noticed it only leaks when its sitting around not being used?

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Ok that might be where its coming from.Why does it leak when its not running though?I noticed it only leaks when its sitting around not being used?
Probably pressure buildup from ambient temperature.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Ok that makes sense.Would that black seal not being properly sealed cause it to cut in and out on me like it did yesterday?
Its possible but I didn't have that problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its possible but I didn't have that problem.
Well I did the silicon around the black thing in the picture and its still leaks :( . I didnt take if off like you did.I just went around it with silicone.

Should I take it of like you did?How does it come off?You are talking about the black circular cap on the top of the gas tank in the above pic, right?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I would make a post on small engines and see if one of our great tec's knows about a recall or have a solution to your problem. I would not run it with a leak. You do not want a fire or get burned. I would try a hose clamp. if it has one take it off and put a good one on. Do not over tighten it. You might break a plastic fitting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts