My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I have not been around lately. I have been busy. Today, I got a 10525 Gold Pro and a free 4502 Utility. The Utility has very little, if no compression. Might need a block. I have to look into it. The 10525 I got with a side bag setup and a mulching plate. It was horribly painted in an ugly green color in places where there was original paint gone or peeling. I will have to fix that.:fing32: I took the 10525 apart to find the recoil shroud broken. I took the one off of my 10247 and put it on. Also, there was some carb issues. So, I took the carb off of my 10247. I assembled the mower back together. I had some problems with the primer hose. But, I managed to get it on, but it didn't seem right. So, I primed it a bit, choked it and it fired up. I let it run for a little, then shut it off. When I tried to restart it, no luck! Can someone please be kind enough to get me a picture of the primer hose-to-carb setup? I don't belive mine is on right. Also, it seems as if it was not priming. Please help me with the primer/carb issue and help me get this running! When it did run, it ran great! Thanks in advanced!

Colin

Attachments

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Those are some great scores! I really like the 10525's alot getting another this weekend, they seem hard to find are they rare?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are some great scores! I really like the 10525's alot getting another this weekend, they seem hard to find are they rare?
Thanks! I wish mine would run right. I need help with this problem asap. They seem rare. They were only made for about 3 years.:fing32:

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Where in the world do you find those utilitys? Now that's a Lawn-boy four square model I wouldn't mind, especially that one you have with the D-engine.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where in the world do you find those utilitys? Now that's a Lawn-boy four square model I wouldn't mind, especially that one you have with the D-engine.
I have sold the 4500 D Utility awhile ago, but I was wondering how I keep ending up with these Utility's too! I might keep this one. I like it. Everything seems to be complete and original, except the fingertip start handle.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,766 Posts
10525 is a great find. 3 years production and the last 3 speed non commercial. The ideal mower to upgrade to commercial too.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
10525 is a great find. 3 years production and the last 3 speed non commercial. The ideal mower to upgrade to commercial too.
I agree. But, mine is u-g-l-y since the previous owner attempted to repaint it! But, that can be fixed!:fing32:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I agree. But, mine is u-g-l-y since the previous owner attempted to repaint it! But, that can be fixed!:fing32:

Pep Boys has cans of Grabber Green Duplicolor. Almost a perfect match. Just shot my 10304 today...:biglaugh:

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,766 Posts
Just make sure you prep the deck right and you can get rid of ugly pretty quick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts