My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to go ahead and put on the adapter weights. I used FrankT's wheel weight installation tip. Thanks again FrankT! I wasn't wild about it at first, but I think the FAT look is starting to grow on me! What do you think?

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Careful going near objects with those double stack rim weights.
They stick out a bit if your not aware of them.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,540 Posts
Other than running into them, I'm sure you'll LOVE all the traction they provide!!!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Other than running into them, I'm sure you'll LOVE all the traction they provide!!!
It is nice.

When I was running double rim weights, I felt my old 345 could pull the house off the foundation.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I decided to go ahead and put on the adapter weights. I used FrankT's wheel weight installation tip. Thanks again FrankT! I wasn't wild about it at first, but I think the FAT look is starting to grow on me! What do you think?

Wow ! You planning to push loaded train cars up a ski slope ?

Do those doubles on the rear make it wider than the blower or plow ?

Nice machine and your call, but doubles on the rear aren't for me.

I think you've got plenty of traction without them.
Just my $.02

·
Registered
184 Posts
What tires are those? I assume you haven't plowed any snow yet but I am wondering if you need chains or if those tires would be good enough by themselves.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Leinie, The weights do stick out about 2" further on each side than the snowblower. I am not too worried about that as the tire treads are about the same width as the blower.

Contadino, Those tires are Carlisle All Trails. The guy that mounted them suggested I remove the weights in the off season. He also suggested I keep the machine a little jacked up when not in use to keep some of the weight off the sidewall. I stuck an ATV jack under the back end and took some of the load off.

I have not had the chance to use this machine yet. I bought it and set it up for snow removal. I have a pretty good slope on my driveway and I am hoping to get away without using the chains. I tried the chains on just to see if they fit so there wont be any surprises the day I need them. If I cant make it up the hill, I will back down and put on the chains. I think I have all the bases covered, now all I need is some snow.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
The guy that mounted them suggested I remove the weights in the off season. He also suggested I keep the machine a little jacked up when not in use to keep some of the weight off the sidewall. I stuck an ATV jack under the back end and took some of the load off.
I'm loaded on my X720 with about 500 lbs. using single rim weights, liquid fill, 6 suit case weights,
riding on ag tires and never heard of taking the weight off this much weight when not using it.

Then again, there is no "off season" on my set-up, just lack of snow.......:banghead3
In the spring, I'm back to no weights, just stock rims and tires, my mower deck, and a couple beers..........:trink40:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Snoop, counting the suit case weights, the weight bracket, and the wheel weights, there is about 530 lbs. back there. I have no idea what the cab weighs, maybe 60 lbs.?

Mike, I think the tire guy was pointing out that the Carlisle All Trails are not really a tractor tire and more of an ATV tire. I really dont think they are built for this kind of weight. I will find out I guess.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Those tires are the same as my boss has on his x5xx. I use it occasionally at work and they give great traction, but you gotta be careful turning on grass because they'll rip it up a bit.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Leinie, The weights do stick out about 2" further on each side than the snowblower. I am not too worried about that as the tire treads are about the same width as the blower.

Contadino, Those tires are Carlisle All Trails. The guy that mounted them suggested I remove the weights in the off season. He also suggested I keep the machine a little jacked up when not in use to keep some of the weight off the sidewall. I stuck an ATV jack under the back end and took some of the load off.

I have not had the chance to use this machine yet. I bought it and set it up for snow removal. I have a pretty good slope on my driveway and I am hoping to get away without using the chains. I tried the chains on just to see if they fit so there wont be any surprises the day I need them. If I cant make it up the hill, I will back down and put on the chains. I think I have all the bases covered, now all I need is some snow.
Just wondering, with your tractor jacked up is that good for your axles???

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I'd remove the suitcase weights rather than jacking it up. It would take what ?- 30 seconds max to remove them and another 30 to put them back on .

Then again I'd do neither one . Run it as is for the winter , remove the weights in summer.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'd remove the suitcase weights rather than jacking it up. It would take what ?- 30 seconds max to remove them and another 30 to put them back on .

Then again I'd do neither one . Run it as is for the winter , remove the weights in summer.[/QUO

I agree, just pull my 6 suitcase weights and stack them out of the way till next snow season, which unbelievably here in Saskatchewan could be next year. Set a new temperature high this week which broke the old one dating back back to 1906.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Below is my X720 setup on my slippery blacktop slopped drive for blowing snow.
I can't believe how nice it climbs that drive while operating the blower without any slipping.
Six suit case weights, rim weights, and fluid in those Ag's............:thThumbsU........sweet!

Maximum weight is the answer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts