My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my 2006 X520 with 275 hours.

Yes I know it is dirty in this picture but it is the only picture I have of it right now.

·
Super Moderator
36,588 Posts
Very nice tractor! Is it new to you? Never worrry about the dirt, they aren't camera shy when they're dirty!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice tractor! Is it new to you? Never worrry about the dirt, they aren't camera shy when they're dirty!
Nope ,not new to me bought it new. I just realized I haven't posted a picture of it to show you guys. Not bad for a 17 yr old, not to brag.

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts

Just a reminder :drunkie:

You make me feel good about my X520 Has it been trouble free so far.

I intend to go many more hours then you have.

Wish you lived closer KATT would detail your X520 for free !!:bananapow

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Very good pic of a hard working tractor. slkpk

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Just a reminder :drunkie:

You make me feel good about my X520 Has it been trouble free so far.

I intend to go many more hours then you have.

Wish you lived closer KATT would detail your X520 for free !!:bananapow
Katt I would take you up on that offer if I could.
It has been trouble free, except at 90hrs I killed the hydro cooling fan. Don't worry Katt it was operator error. I backed to close to a tree and a branch went between the gas tank and the frame. Cost me $500 to get a $20 part installed.:thSick:

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Kingwood,

Gorgeous machine! Thanks for sharing her with us!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Here is my 2006 X500 with 446 hours on it.

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
BTW guys, Brett especially. Did you know @ the JD website they have you send a picture of your JD and make a 1 page calendar for free. Mine came out great and hangs on the wall near my APPLE.

Hey this is great KEEP EM COMING !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Very nice in deed!! We all need to show off and brag about our Deere's!

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Not too shabby for a teenager.

But since you brought it up, you have to tell the story. I'm pretty sure you didn't win it selling popcorn for the Boy Scouts.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guys thanks for the comments keep them coming. A calendar of my tractor that would be cool. I might have to do that.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Not too shabby for a teenager.

But since you brought it up, you have to tell the story. I'm pretty sure you didn't win it selling popcorn for the Boy Scouts.
Ok, this is how we got it. A yr before we got it my mom totaled her knee at work and got some money for her disability and time she missed from work. About a year later we needed a new mower so we go to the dealer in Roxboro.
The tractor was on sale because it was "last years model" and the salesman Greg Oakley was tired of looking at it. So we got it for $6,250 and some change. My mom bought half and I took the money I had been saving for a while to get a new mower with and used that to help finish paying for it.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Katt, I want those wheel weights! Will need to get some before the snow flys for snowblowing.

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
Oh I have some pretty good slopes in back ( The X520 doesn't think so. It thinks it's all flat) so my dealer has me leave the wheel weights on all year, forever. ( the 318 never had them off in 22 years !!)
And with the weight and dif lock it feels like it can climb a wall, and being Multi Terrain also, I can cross cut slopes that my other JD's had to go up and down.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This thing for being 2wd, its amazing. I have took it in the woods to skid logs, and with out wheel weights it will go every where my fourwheeler will go and then some. It is the most stable tractor I have ever used.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
921 Posts
This thing for being 2wd, its amazing. I have took it in the woods to skid logs, and with out wheel weights it will go every where my fourwheeler will go and then some. It is the most stable tractor I have ever used.
I've had the same experience with mine out on my trail through the woods. I've pulled some good sized logs without breaking a sweat.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts