My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well the camera and lenses was sent back today. God willing not to costly to fix. Still looking at possible upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
JD X585 owner
513 Posts
Nice shots! Good luck with the repair(s). If you get to upgrade, great. Hope you feel better, too. Now back to tractor fun. Got work to do this weekend. :Tractor2:

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just saw the email responses from Nikon. The flash is covered with warranty the lens is not. Thank God they covered the flash, its estimate was $300, the lens cost me $103.36, not money I wanted to spend. They say its drop damage as it has a dent I never saw. Hey I have to pay for dumb thing I did. Now at least I'll have my camera back! :)

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Good news Eric. And in the grand scheme of things, not a whole lot of money for what should now be a like new camera.

MikeC

Very true Mike!! Thank God they did it. I miss it as some awesome picture opportunities last few days!

·
1,910 Posts
:Cough: give credit where credit's due... thank *Nikon* they did it. :)

I've found them to be very forgiving of user malfunction requiring repairs over the years, very good for keeping a loyal customer base.

I still use one of the original D70s, still flawless after all these years.

:trink39:

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,693 Posts
That's good news! Glad to hear it's being fixed. If you haven't already bought the replacement lens I would've suggestedd possibly looking at some nicer glass. As they are the true limit of the image quality of that camera. Plus lenses generally don't go out of date per say or. I have used a few 50 year old lenses on my 2014 Canon 7D Mark II. I always love trying out new lenses on my camera. A good piece of glass can unleash capability of your camera you never knew your had.

Plus then if you ever upgrade your camera body you already have a nice set of glass for it.

Oh yeah and if you don't have your camera set to shoot in Raw format that will open up a whole other world of photography and photo editing for you.

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks guys! Yea Nikon was helpful, I only had to pay for lens repair. That I am happy for!

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The body came back today! They cleaned the viewfinder and fixed it. Very happy, flash works great and now await the small lens.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Glad you were able to get it fixed!

I have a D7200 and my honest opinion is that unless you are really into photography....save your money of the body and spend any money you have on glass. Going up to the 5xxx and 7xxx gets some extra features that many people won't use. If you are really into tweaking parameters to get just the right picture, yes, going up in price will give you some additional abilities. I shoot mostly in "auto" and post process if needed.

The best feature I find on the 7xxx line, is dual card slots. For some reason I am paranoid about losing all my pics, so I have it duplicate the images on both cards. Though I have never had a card problem, so its probably all in my head...

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Glad you were able to get it fixed!

I have a D7200 and my honest opinion is that unless you are really into photography....save your money of the body and spend any money you have on glass. Going up to the 5xxx and 7xxx gets some extra features that many people won't use. If you are really into tweaking parameters to get just the right picture, yes, going up in price will give you some additional abilities. I shoot mostly in "auto" and post process if needed.

The best feature I find on the 7xxx line, is dual card slots. For some reason I am paranoid about losing all my pics, so I have it duplicate the images on both cards. Though I have never had a card problem, so its probably all in my head...
Thanks! I am very happy to get it back and am trying to be better with it as I seem to have issues with dropping things since getting hurt. I might just stay with it as I really don't have the money for another body. Would love to get better lens!

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Was super happy to have camera back today. Got wind of Airforce one was practicing at Newburgh airport! Ran down and caught it right before it landed for last time. Very cool to see it!

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
A nice former editor of our paper cropped my picture and thinks it would be a sellable piece to Port authority for a promotional piece!?!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts