My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a member of the Craftsman Club but I must be missing something. All the "deals" I see on the special Club pages are the same or even more than those on the regular Sears web pages. Is this just more reprehensible Sears marketing?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yes, yes I do believe it is a gimmick. I am afraid the backward marketing is part of what is wrong with Sears. They must think we are a bunch of moron's who are unable to see pricing schemes and gimmicks.

I am not saying I don't shop there anymore- because I do - but I would rather they drop the pricing/marketing games.

·
16,490 Posts
I, also am a member--and once in a while--there will be a reall barnburner of a deal--and sometimes they will list special tools that aren't always available in stores...

I have asked B-4 in a Sears store and just got a blank look...:banghead3

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I was a member for years and never did get a great deal.Problem now days is they have a limited selection of tools worth buying anyway.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I, also am a member--and once in a while--there will be a reall barnburner of a deal--and sometimes they will list special tools that aren't always available in stores...

I have asked B-4 in a Sears store and just got a blank look...:banghead3
that blank look i think is standard on most sears employees . I went in one time and asked about a mig welder the clerk then walked off and came back 15 mins later with a soldering gun and proceeded to tell me that was the last welder they had in stock and if i would like to put it on my sears card :ROF
I just looked at him with a lost look and walked out

·
Registered
88 Posts
Every once and while they have a small set of impact sockets in there I feel I should buy, but I never do. Since the quality and service have gone down I just go Harbor Freight and buy cheap tools. They work and they are pretty good about replacing the ones I break. It's really too bad as I own a lot of Craftsman hand tools and I don't really for see buying many more.

·
Registered
292 Posts
thats what i do now too whats even more sad is that sears is 5 mins away literally about 2 miles and harbor freight is about 30 mins and just outside the ghetto but i go there because its the same quality better service and lower prices plus i hate having to explain what tool i need to a teenager who has no clue what the difference is between a screwdriver and baby stroller let alone where it is located in the store

·
Registered
88 Posts
What's really sad about Sears promotions and advertising strategy is that I have 3 Sears stores within a 30 minute drive of my town and another 3 with a 60 minute drive. There are 3 major regional newspapers that deliver in my town. Each newpaper has several different editions; for example north, south, east, and west. The only difference between the editions are how the articles are paged in the regional section and the ads that come with the paper. With all the Sears stores in my area and 3 available newspapers I cannot get a weekly Sears flyer. It's like I live in the Bermuda triangle of Sears advertising because my relatives that live 20 minutes or more away in multiple directions all get a Sears flyer in their edition of the same newspaper. Someone at Sears is choosing not to send me a flyer. It's almost as if they don't want my business.

·
Registered
72 Posts
sears is a bunch of sneaky folks. they think their tools are made of gold . most are made in china and priced like they were made in u s a . if you ever drop anything on the floor in a sears store look behind you before you bend over to pick it up.

·
Registered
758 Posts
What's really sad about Sears promotions and advertising strategy is that I have 3 Sears stores within a 30 minute drive of my town and another 3 with a 60 minute drive. There are 3 major regional newspapers that deliver in my town. Each newpaper has several different editions; for example north, south, east, and west. The only difference between the editions are how the articles are paged in the regional section and the ads that come with the paper. With all the Sears stores in my area and 3 available newspapers I cannot get a weekly Sears flyer. It's like I live in the Bermuda triangle of Sears advertising because my relatives that live 20 minutes or more away in multiple directions all get a Sears flyer in their edition of the same newspaper. Someone at Sears is choosing not to send me a flyer. It's almost as if they don't want my business.
Sounds like my Home Depot, which is just 3 miles down on my road. When travelling, I'll actually see a Home Depot flyer and want to get something, too bad I never get one at home.. Sears, though, lately has had multiple flyers around here. (clothing and appliances/auto/tools.. or Regular Sears and a combined Sears/Kmart)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sears did have a really good deal on their 75 foot black rubber hose... I picked one up for a friend for $27.99. Really nice hose, great price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts