My Tractor Forum banner

I did this 2 days ago on my little MTD rider ...

5K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  freebird 
#1 ·
I did this to a poor old Tecumseh 2 days ago on my my little red MTD rider man did it ever make a bang it even smashed the starter to **** ..I took it off and stuck an 8hp BS on it waiting on a few parts the she will be back up and running

011.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Will you be rebuilding it with salvaged parts from another motor or new parts ? Just wondering about the cost , as a new engine is likely no long available .

#8 ·
Briggs are way better than tecumseh's.

#16 ·
I laughed one day when I heard a guy at a mower shop say -
"Ewwwww..it's a TECUMSEH",with a note of dissapointment in his voice ,when he went to look at the engine on a riding mower (used) he was thinking of buying.. :D

Then another time when I overheard another guy say "TECUMSEH"...isn't that Indian for
"Throws A Rod"??....

#18 ·
I did this to a poor old Tecumseh 2 days ago on my my little red MTD rider man did it ever make a bang it even smashed the starter to **** ..I took it off and stuck an 8hp BS on it waiting on a few parts the she will be back up and running

I thought you meant you were going to fix the Tecumseh , but re-reading it I can see you meant you needed the parts for the Brigg's instead .
:fing20:

#21 ·

I thought you meant you were going to fix the Tecumseh , but re-reading it I can see you meant you needed the parts for the Brigg's instead .
:fing20:

lol no biggie should have her up in going soon

#27 ·
Those blow-ups are rather unsettling when the engine is on a Snapper RER, and it blows at yer back! I had an old freebie Snapper i used while my good Snapper RER was having a good engine installed. Un-be-knownst to me, the carb leaked fuel into the engine oil and you all know what that causes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.