My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this to a poor old Tecumseh 2 days ago on my my little red MTD rider man did it ever make a bang it even smashed the starter to **** ..I took it off and stuck an 8hp BS on it waiting on a few parts the she will be back up and running

011.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
I wouldn't think you have to chain it up, nobody is going to steal that.:biglaugh:

·
Branded for LIFE !!!
4,451 Posts
Out of OIL?:fing20:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Will you be rebuilding it with salvaged parts from another motor or new parts ? Just wondering about the cost , as a new engine is likely no long available .

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Briggs are way better than tecumseh's.

·
15,000 +posts!
20,560 Posts
I laughed one day when I heard a guy at a mower shop say -
"Ewwwww..it's a TECUMSEH",with a note of dissapointment in his voice ,when he went to look at the engine on a riding mower (used) he was thinking of buying.. :D

Then another time when I overheard another guy say "TECUMSEH"...isn't that Indian for
"Throws A Rod"??....

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
I did this to a poor old Tecumseh 2 days ago on my my little red MTD rider man did it ever make a bang it even smashed the starter to **** ..I took it off and stuck an 8hp BS on it waiting on a few parts the she will be back up and running

011.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg
I thought I told you to stop drag racing pinto's with that ? :sidelaugh

·
Registered
1,799 Posts

I thought you meant you were going to fix the Tecumseh , but re-reading it I can see you meant you needed the parts for the Brigg's instead .
:fing20:

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I laughed one day when I heard a guy at a mower shop say -
"Ewwwww..it's a TECUMSEH",with a note of dissapointment in his voice ,when he went to look at the engine on a riding mower (used) he was thinking of buying.. :D

Then another time when I overheard another guy say "TECUMSEH"...isn't that Indian for
"Throws A Rod"??....

ahhh i like that ..I have to remember that one ...I am not sure why maybe it had something to do with me tweaking the gov a little...opps

1 - 20 of 31 Posts