My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I purchased a Boom Pole for the X728 last week. This addition to the attachment inventory was why I mounted the 3 point hitch.

The price was right, $108 + about $40 for the Agricultural green paint and decals. Here are several pictures that I took of the installed boom pole.

The first picture is of the X728 with the boom pole raised to maximum height. The measurement from the ground to the elevated tip of the pole is 8 feet. That should be high enough to pick up the 7 Iron and work on it.

Tractor with boom pole elevated

The second picture shows the X728 with the pole in the lower position. I measured the height at 4 feet to the ground. That should allow the 7 Iron deck to be attached and lifted into the air.

Tractor with boom pole normal

The last picture is one where the 7 Iron deck is completly hoisted. Look at the space we have below the deck. Notice that there is a good deal of space between the lowest point on the deck and the ground. Also notice that I have moved the deck from where it was loaded. That satisfied the two needs I have for a Boom Pole, supporting the 7 Iron deck while I work on it, and second, to provide some mobility.

Tractor with a load on the boom pole

Note in the third picture how clean the underside of the deck is. This is what my deck looks like after a full summer of mowing. I did remove two small areas where the grass had started to stick. Also note that I had started to install the blades upside down! Whoops. I fixed it before I mowed the grass for tyhe last time.

I realy wish to thank all of you for posting in my previous thread where I explored the posibility of doing this. Thank you very much.

Jerry

·
TE Forum Contributor
408 Posts
Thanks for showing us an alternative solution for cleaning decks! It looks like you have a wonderful piece of property out there and the right equipment to maintain it. :fing32:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Beautiful lawn and property!

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
That boom pole really turned out great! Looks like it was a big help with that monster deck!:fing32:

·
Registered
573 Posts
That worked out great.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is tha picture I had in mind when I posted earlier.

Tractor with a full load on the Boom Pole

Note that the mower deck is in fact fully suspended.

Jerry

·
Registered
310 Posts
Also note that I had started to install the blades upside down! Whoops. I fixed it before I mowed the grass for the last time.
A friend of mine installed all of his upside down one time. He was new to mower maintenance. Called me over to help him figure out why his mower was leaving his grass looking like crap. I still give him a hard time about it.

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,309 Posts
Wow, that's one clean deck for a whole season's worth of cutting. The X728 looks good suspending your 7 Iron.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Looks fantastic Jerry!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Looks great Jerry, thanks for the pics.

It is amazing how nothing sticks to the bottom of these. I checked mine out last weekend and after 21 hours of cutting there was nothing underneath, hopefully it stays that way. :trink39:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.