My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally pulled the trigger last Friday after work. My new X748 with 60in 7iron deck, 54in plow, 3PH, and box blade should be in end of this week bingeing of next. I have changed my mind about a million times about this purchase as I waffled back and forth between an X and 1 series. I know I could get a similar specked 1 series for about the same money as I got the X but I believe I am better off with the x for my current property and all future properties. The way I see it is i will never have less than 2 acres to mow so it will always be the best weapon for that and if in the future we end up some places big enough for the fiancés horses and whatnot then I can get a real big boy tractor for that.

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Congrats. That will be one well equipped X748. I think on the X7s, the 7Iron is the way to go.:thThumbsU

·
USAF Vet
75 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger last Friday after work. My new X748 ...
Congrats Kid Racer! :bananapow:bananapow

I know the X vs. 1 feeling; every dealer pointed out I could actually get out the door cheaper with a 1 series than a decked out X7xx. But I don't have many real heavy work to do and most the hours on my X300 have come from mowing or plowing. A neighbor with a 2305 is amazed how fast I get the drive cleared, but doesn't want to spend thousands on a blade for his. Hah, maybe I'll offer to sell him my 300 when the 728 gets here! :biglaugh:

Enjoy!
Ed

·
Super Moderator
18,662 Posts
Congrats. That will be one well equipped X748. I think on the X7s, the 7Iron is the way to go.:thThumbsU
fatkidracer Never Listen to CP He has the Goldilocks syndrome:sorry1: CP:sidelaugh:sidelaugh CP Goes from a 2000 series Compact to a X700 series then on to a 1 series Sub Compact Next Year it will be a 5M series Utility for CP

Congrats on the New X700 series:thThumbsU

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats! Thats one loaded up little tractor! I just ordered an x748 myself but seeing as I live north of the border, mine will take a little longer to get here (Feb 6). I ordered mine with the regular 54 inch deck but I'm starting to rethink the 7iron decks the more I hear about them.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger last Friday after work. My new X748 with 60in 7iron deck, 54in plow, 3PH, and box blade should be in end of this week bingeing of next. I have changed my mind about a million times about this purchase as I waffled back and forth between an X and 1 series. I know I could get a similar specked 1 series for about the same money as I got the X but I believe I am better off with the x for my current property and all future properties. The way I see it is i will never have less than 2 acres to mow so it will always be the best weapon for that and if in the future we end up some places big enough for the fiancés horses and whatnot then I can get a real big boy tractor for that.
Congrats on the new tractor. Remember the pictures!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
*** I’m feeling a little goldilocks syndrome. After playing with it for an hour I’m not sure I should have maybe gone with the 1026r? Agh!

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase! :thThumbsU

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
fatkidracer Never Listen to CP He has the Goldilocks syndrome:sorry1: CP:sidelaugh:sidelaugh CP Goes from a 2000 series Compact to a X700 series then on to a 1 series Sub Compact Next Year it will be a 5M series Utility for CP

Congrats on the New X700 series:thThumbsU
:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh :thanku: for putting a smile on my face this morning.

fatkidracer said:
*** I’m feeling a little goldilocks syndrome. After playing with it for an hour I’m not sure I should have maybe gone with the 1026r? Agh!
Goldilocks? Did I hear my name? :sidelaugh
As Sergeant so kindly pointed out I know all too well about this! :D I might as well be the first to point out, that I think you have 30 days to decide.....just sayin'!:trink40:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i will get some pics up, first time i tried to take them i had just pulled it in the garage and the fan stirred up all the dust so they didn't turn out.

I know about the 30 days but I can’t be sure in that time frame because the 3ph and box blade will not be in before then. I don’t know I think I made the right call.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.