My Tractor Forum banner

I can't believe it's butter!

5K views 43 replies 18 participants last post by  echoman 
#1 ·
Just got her yesterday, all original down to the mesh wire air cleaner. The only major part of paint loss is below the carb, it has a bad needle and seat. Other than that, the three rings and the piston are shiny and she runs smooth. Let the pictures tell the story.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: I can't believe it's not butter!

Anybody know French?

Attachments

#3 ·
Re: I can't believe it's not butter!

Anybody know French?
Yeah, it says to keep your hands and feet from under the deck :)

#5 ·
The French writing makes me wonder, was this lawnboy destined to be a Canadian lawnboy at some time?

#7 ·
b/c of the french, it was likely meant for the Canadian market, or it was actually sold in Canada and ended up in the US. You are close enough to Canada that the latter is likely.

I have a gold bricktop also w/ french on it. Ofcourse, I'm in Canada.

#9 ·
I found this one on Craigslist, the guy said it ran but only if you pushed it back and forth. Sounds good to me COOP, Who knows the places this mower has seen, it could have been in Canada in it's earlier years for all I know.

#10 ·
It's not butter Ken, It's a Buttercup:trink40:

#12 ·
I think my 3050 has french or something on it too! I will have to look!

#13 ·
Mines got it too! Same writing, Mines a 1960 3050

#15 ·
Heres the words on mine. Mines just a 3050 not a buttercup.

Attachments

#17 ·
Nice 3050 there FIXIT, mines a 3051.

#20 ·
EDIT, mines a 3052, and now I found out she needs an oil seal, leaking oil on the crank. Looks like I'll have to take the engine off the deck.

#21 ·
verrry nice! even with the french writing it's still nice...it will be around long enough for you to learn enough french to figger out what it says even!

I'm green/yellow with envy and i'm not just trying to butter you up...
sorry...

#22 ·
Yeah, the more languages I can learn the butter,,, I mean better. I looked up the part number for the crank seal and it's the same thing as the crank seal on the 6252. When I got a crank seal for a 6252 I was handed what looked like an F-engine seal. My question is, would an F-engine seal work in my C-engine buttercup?

#23 ·
nice mower Croc :)

#26 ·
My 59 Quiet-Flite was made in Lamar, but my 63-64 buttercup was made in Galesburg. Maybe a transition between the years? Also, via my eyes, it looks like an F-engine seal will fit my buttercup, I'll try and get it in tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.