My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Looks like momma was looking for the wrong Cub.

That would sure make my Deere turn tail and run to a safe distance.

OK, sorry, enough with the cheese. Did she move on when she saw you?

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Wow ! :eek: not something I want to see while out mowing, even getting into camera range would be too close for me, but :thanku: for the pic ! :rauch10:

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Looks like momma was looking for the wrong Cub.

That would sure make my Deere turn tail and run to a safe distance.
:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
Registered
552 Posts
i live in a rural neighborhood and we have the occasional bear sighting.Kind of freaky when i take the dog out at night.My cat would protect us im sure.:Stop:

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
My brother has a bear which comes through his place in the mountains of western MA a lot. He says when he sees it he runs out yelling and screaming, waving his arms, and the bear runs away. Been working for 14 years so far.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
My brother has a bear which comes through his place in the mountains of western MA a lot. He says when he sees it he runs out yelling and screaming, waving his arms, and the bear runs away. Been working for 14 years so far.
That's what the wife used to do before we got a dog. Now all she needs to do is say the words "go see" and the dog goes into attack mode.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
We get them around here frequently. When outside, I keep an eye out, since they are not afraid of people any more. Had one digging through our trash one Sunday afternoon a bit ago. Made a mess, stepped in it, and walked down the driveway, leaving paw prints along the way. We had no trouble guessing which way he went.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
that's a big labradoodle!!!!!

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
Look! A bare --- a bra ---- a beer ---- ahhhh, you know, a big fuzzy black thingy!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sweet! That's a beauty. There are far worse neighbors than black bears. Bears break into stuff for food not to sell your stuff for meth or heroin and they don't usually carry guns stolen from your neighbors. Never seen a bear hitch up my trailer to a pickup and drive off!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I spotted him again eating what appears to be the burnt wood from our fire pit??. Maybe the carbon in the wood aids digestion ???. I scared him/her away with a pot banging session but i think it will be back.. he/she is legal game in oct.... 1st time in 25 years i have seen a bear on my property... i had my camera at full zoom so i was far enough away and a running cub did not scare it one bit....

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
There are several in our area, had one last year at a school, it had to be put down, I dont want any in my yard! thanks for the pic. good one.:thThumbsU

1 - 15 of 15 Posts