My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought myself a new toy to work the motocross track with.The water pump was leaking and I decided to fix that. You can see quite clearly that the bigger hammer theory isnt allways right. After the water pump fix we took it out to push dirt and we moved exactly 1 pile before the driveline expressed its displeasure. Now the brush guard and the fuel tank are coming off to see a little deeper . Hope that I can afford the fun.:thSick:

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heres the pictures of the new toy and you will see that I am looking down wondering if that noise is bad. The picture of it pushing up the mound is the only pic you will see of it being a dozer until its fixed. Well got about 30 seconds of work out of it before it packed it in.

Attachments

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
It's certainly bigger than mine. I don't envy the repair you are going to have to make.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dont worry it gets worse, the ring and pinion are shot and the trans case is cracked. Its a really nice dozer from the firewall forward!

Attachments

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
With that much damage, was the transmission run dry?? It almost had to have been.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No it was full of oil. Actually I think that one of the bearings ate itself and let the gears spread apart.One of the side plates on the crown gear had a lot of loose bolts. Going all the way in tomorrow to see just what all has to be done.

·
22,321 Posts
Boy am I sorry to hear that. I wish you luck and hope that the parts bills stay as low as possible.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The parts bill will not be to bad but the work level is thru the roof.I have to strip it down to the bare shell and build it right up. At least I will get to repaint it red.The break in the case is what is killing me. The guy that put this together the last time never tightened the bolts or safety wired anything. most of it was not even hand tight.

Attachments

·
22,321 Posts
What a shame! I know that you must feel sick to your stomach at the bill and work load ahead of you, especially knowing that most if not all of it could have been prevented.

·
Registered
473 Posts
OUCH:Stop: Sounds like you can fix it. It also sounds like who worked on it wanted to get even with someone. Sorry you got the bad end of revenge or worse; some one stupid that said they could rebuilt it. Let us know when you get it fixed and painted. Pictures please.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have found 2 sources of parts that are reasonably priced , but the lure of that pipeline money has me unable to pursue the repair for a couple of months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts