My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had mentioned in my other post about bush hog size, that my local Tractor Supply wanted $799 for their 5ft model. I drove 150 miles over into Indiana Friday to see my Mom and stopped by the local Tractor Supply there and they had the same model bush hog for $649. Brought one home in the back of my pickup. Does not fit the iMatch hitch, but I think a bit of modification will take care of that. Top pin is too high and needs to be lowered. Will take a look at it later this week. Hooked it up to the 3pt and took it out for a quick try and it works great! Went through some waist high weeds/grass and no problem at all for the 2520.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Swiftdeere,

That is a good looking machine, vette and shop.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Congrat---that should work well. However, do check the pto shaft length so it's not too long before you get it onto the I-match. They often are but once on the hitch, the length is just right.:trink39:

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrat---that should work well. However, do check the pto shaft length so it's not too long before you get it onto the I-match. They often are but once on the hitch, the length is just right.:trink39:
I did check the length and it seemed to be fine on the 3pt hitch. Will check again when mounted to the iMatch. Thanks! :trink39:

·
Just passing through
8,422 Posts

·
9K+ Poster
12,164 Posts

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Very nice setup. slkpk

·
Likes Vintage JDs
9,875 Posts
Very nice!!

Amazing about the price difference, too.

Who makes these TSC/CountryLine components?

Also -- ignorant question -- but is there just one big blade under there, or several?

P.S. I live in a more urban area, so TSC is no where nearby. But we were on vacation about two weeks ago and we randomly drove past a TSC in upstate NY. Can't tell you how badly I wanted to stop, for a peek.

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice!!

Amazing about the price difference, too.

Who makes these TSC/CountryLine components?

Also -- ignorant question -- but is there just one big blade under there, or several?

P.S. I live in a more urban area, so TSC is no where nearby. But we were on vacation about two weeks ago and we randomly drove past a TSC in upstate NY. Can't tell you how badly I wanted to stop, for a peek.
2 blades under there. They are connected at one end only to a large turntable in the center. Being connected at only one end allows them to swing out of the way if they hit something that is not going to move.

I can't believe you have not been in a TSC. You don't know what you are missing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts