My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't misspell it it is an Alvan. I suspect it is a shortening of the companies name. I know Gambles hardware sold a version called Bonanza as I have a parts tractor lined up for it. I have been told they were made in Omaha NE. I think this is an early one as the Bonanza has a cast front axle and this one s welded steel tubing. Roger

·
Registered
484 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ooops, didn't mean to imply that you misspelled it, I guess I wasn't reading carefully enough to notice the correct quirky spelling -- I just meant I liked the sound of the name -- real personal like. I'll be interested in hearing about Alvan's continuing adventure!

/WW

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
A lawn sport, nice, convert the rear box to a cooler now we are talking lawn sport!

wow wow, here he comes around tree 2 passing the sand box and headed for the horse shoe pit with a full load of fuel (beer). the tractors handle a little different when they have a full fuel load. All that weight in the rear makes them tight in the corners, the guy's that can get the weight off the rear fastest are going to be coming to the front!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have no idea what exactly I will do with it. Roger
I have a severe case of getting all kinds of stuff really cheap or free with that very thought in my head when I'm getting it. I will be starting a thread in the Off Topic section about my latest (very large) acquisition when I get it all home.

Have fun playing with your new toy. :fing32:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts