My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about a month ago and the tractor has no steering and when i put it in reverse it jerks back and just shuts off, previous owner told me i had to change the hydraulic oil and clean the screen..anyone know where this screen is located on this tractor :dunno: ? thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
case 1270: just wondering if you had any luck with your 1270. Our 1270 sounds like it is having some of the same issues. Fluid is full and filters are changed and it won't move, our next step, once it is back in our yard, is to pull the charge pump I believe it is called. It is located right behind the hydraulic filters. Should be a cover with 4 bolts. I was told that once this is off (have to drain all fluid from system and filter case, about 35 gallons I believe) you can somehow locate the pickup where the screen is located. Haven't dug into it yet, but just looking from the outside I don't know how this is possible as there is about 6-8 inches of rise from the lowest point in the transmission to the charge pump area and over a foot rearward from its location as well. We were told that the charge pump can have the keys on the gears break and then they won't turn, so that is the main reason we will be pulling the cover off, I believe the gears are somewhat attached to the cover. I tried to attach an image from our manual stating how to remove it and rebuild it. Good Luck, let me know if you have fixed your problem.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts