My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great site! Nice work. Great members. I will become a supporter.
I just purchased a hardly used 2003 DGT 6000 for a very fair price. It's my first riding mower/tractor, with which I am thrilled but there is a lot to learn.
Thanks for creating a great place to learn.

I believe sites like this in some ways fulfill a missing camaraderie and tribal knowledge transfer that used to take place hanging out at the local garage, or diner, before the fast paced multi-tasking lifestyle of the new millennium took hold. To that extent, this site is one of the simple pleasures of life, enabled by the technology that drives the fast paced multi-tasking lifestyle of the new millennium!

I found this site while researching “for sale” adds on Craigslist.

I have posted one question in the Craftsman Forum re: Steering Radius and received very informative answers. Thank you Runningbare!

I chose the name "Maxsteel" because I couldn't think of a name, and Maxsteel was the name on my Stanley tape measure visible nearby on my workbench, and it seemed to fit! I would just have well have chosen "Gentleman Farmer ambitions".

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
:MTF_wel2: Stanley tape measure :sidelaugh ... Glad you found us .. and glad to have another NJite here ..

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
:MTF_wel: Max ! , nice to have you aboard here with us and glad to see you are enjoying the forums :).

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
I chose the name "Maxsteel" because I couldn't think of a name, and Maxsteel was the name on my Stanley tape measure visible nearby on my workbench, and it seemed to fit! I would just have well have chosen "Gentleman Farmer ambitions".
Interesting way of picking a name... :sidelaugh:sidelaugh

Welcome...
and Sweet looking GT!!

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1:

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Welcome. Glad you joined us. Nice looking tractor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vector east towards Atlantic City of Exit 4 & 7 from the (in)famous turnpike. My other tractor is a Harley and we enjoy touring the farm and horse country of The Garden State, which is plentiful. Now about those high property taxes....

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Thanks for the compliments and welcome to the forum. Great looking machine you have there. Enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Welcome Max! And regarding this...

I believe sites like this in some ways fulfill a missing camaraderie and tribal knowledge transfer that used to take place hanging out at the local garage, or diner, before the fast paced multi-tasking lifestyle of the new millennium took hold. To that extent, this site is one of the simple pleasures of life, enabled by the technology that drives the fast paced multi-tasking lifestyle of the new millennium!
...no one has put into words the feel of this great forum any better than that!!!:)

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Maxsteel

Be sure and check out our Lawn and Garden Tractors By Brand/Craftsman Forum here: http://www.mytractorforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

:MTF_wel2: We are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Vector east towards Atlantic City of Exit 4 & 7 from the (in)famous turnpike. My other tractor is a Harley and we enjoy touring the farm and horse country of The Garden State, which is plentiful. Now about those high property taxes....
Medford ?? Atco here .. a stones throw away from you. I worked in Medford two weeks ago. :fing32:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts