My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess what! I got a phone call today saying that someone turned 2 of my listings in as being against policy? I asked the gentleman what policy that was and it was that I had a phrase that could be linked to an outside source (www_TheSmartFarmer_dot_com) which they had decided to make illegal at the beginning of this week. I really did not understand how that could be illegal as it is not a direct link to the site but you know eBay they can not loose a dime. SO anyways I go on about my business and at about 6 pm this evening they call again and say that I am banned for at least one week from eBay :confused: I simply asked the guy why I would be banned and he told me that there have been eBay member that have consistently been bidding on my auctions and then he accused me of being those people :1336: That is so far away from the truth that I do not even know what to say back to him!! So he hangs up and I sit and think about it for a while and call back, I asked him what items these eBay members had been bidding on? He tells me the item number and it is one that did not even reach the reserve :fing20: Anyways to make a really long drawn out story I am banned from eBay for 7 days. Can you believe that??? I have never heard of such BS.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I'm starting to hate ebay....I sold something and their invoice dosent match what the pre-listed amount was...they keep telling me to pay it, that I should have known....I say no I'm not...50 emails later.....annoying company to work with....they will suffer in the long run when folks stop dealing with them...they dont have customer service and are arrogant to work with....basically the emails turned hostile....

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well they had a revolt against them, where over 30% of their Powersellers quite dealing with them. Ebay felt a very little affect from it and the others almost went out of business. I have been trying to get away from eBay for 6 months now but www.thesmartfarmer.com has not been producing what I need it to produce to keep up my family. If anyone has any suggestion or comments please feel free to let me know.

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
nick didnt you say you sold a ton of stuff on ebay? in the thousands? i cant believe they would ban you over putting your .com name in the listings...

jeesh...

too bad..

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They also did the WONDERFUL job of contacting all my ebay customers and "letting" them know of my suspension. They did not give them any explanation so it looks like I am taking advantage of people.

·
Alfa Twin Cam Power
1,201 Posts
I have never had a bad experience with eBay. THat being said, there are other auction sites that would welcome a vendor with your volume.

·
Retired Mod
3,734 Posts
thesmartfarmer said:
They also did the WONDERFUL job of contacting all my ebay customers and "letting" them know of my suspension. They did not give them any explanation so it looks like I am taking advantage of people.
unbeleivable!! if they ban any buisness that advertises theyre name ebay should be pretty empty right now!

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
DB you are right.. i see lotsa of folks who link to their site or dealership name.. whats the difference...

so they emailed your customers and said you were banned? that seems a little vindictive...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
simple_john said:
DB you are right.. i see lotsa of folks who link to their site or dealership name.. whats the difference...

so they emailed your customers and said you were banned? that seems a little vindictive...
I can see their point about not having any outside links to the source of the item, so folks interested can not go around the auction site and buy and then the seller does not have a commission to pay, but there are literally thousands of sells with outside links, especially those with so called Ebay stores. When I was looking for an RO/DI filter unit, I came across 4 or 5 such sites with outside weblinks and phone numbers, which I called and made a deal that was actually better than the buy it now sources, and the seller was free of paying a commission..Of course this only holds true if seller has multiples of the same item.

But for me I have relatvely written Ebay off, since most prices is justa s high and sometimes hgiher, and then your still having to pay unreal shipping and handling costs, and then have to wait for the seller to get around to maining it out, and I refuse to use Pay PAl anymore since I had a run in on two occasions with Ebay and Fair trade, and they arbitrarily withdrew the money to settle 2 dissagreements from my PAy PAl account.....I used to have quite a huge feedback section and was a frequent buyer on ebay, when all of a sudden one day up shows a name on my feedback page I had no clue who it was. I looked at the item I supposedly purchased, and liked to have fell out of my chain.........It was a pair of silicone breast enhancers............duh! I contact ebay, I contact the seller, and the seller said they did not have a clue why it wound up there and they never did business with me........Ebay said I had to take it up with Fair Trade if I wanted that item removed.......I replied I did not put it there and the seller of the item either did or there was a glitch in ebays software.........the seller refused to do any arbitration to have it removed........so I contact Fair Trade, who handled it, and then I find they charged my Pay Pal account for $20.00 for arbitration fees.......Then I was charged $601 commission charges on a heap of antique medical items sold that I acquired.......Heck the commission was more than what I got x2 for the stuff I sold.. I got a total of a bit over $300 for what was auctioned off and a $601 commission fee was absurd...........Luckily my credit card I had been usuing at the time had expired in the interim, and Ebay wanted a new account expirartion date for my card or another credit card number so they could get their comission........I balked and complained as something certainly was not right.........and their reply was take it up with Fair Trade. and have them arbitrate it or pay up or bet banned....nope it was not my fault, their software is screwed up, and they screwed my pay pal previously for their screwed up software not again. So they dropped my account and unregistered my name.........and was banned until I pay the commission charges.........Not a problem though as I promptly signed up with another user ID but have since in over 2 years or more only bougth 2 or maybe 3 items at most.........Ebay can kiss my butt as its got to be a must have or very important item I owuld need for me to utilize Ebay or Pay Pal ever agaiin....
Be aware of Ebays spin off group Fair Trade.......its a minimum $20 to arbitrate or remove feedback or settle a problem........win or loose it costs you money........all for someone to hit a delete key, to remove or rectify something they had no control over.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I would send a quick email to all of the people you sold to explaining why you were banned from ebay. Most of the folks know Ebay is a bunch of morons that don't care what happens to their loyal customers and sellers. I had it out with them a few months ago about a guy who sold me something and wouldn't ship the item. I filed all the complaints with them and even though I paid via Paypal, they said it wasn't guaranteed!! It stated that in the listing that it was guaranteed via Paypal on the paypal site!!!

Needless to say the guy lived in Springfield MA so I "collected" the item myself when I was in the area last week. The guys almost crapped his pants when I showed up at his door with a Springfield MA cop who just happened to be a personal college buddy. All of a sudden the guy changes his tune and gives me the item right away. The guys was P.O. because he tried to renegotiate the price I won the thing for on Ebay. Thats why he didn't ship it.

Needless to say, the guy gave me a negative feedback for the issue and filed a complaint with Ebay saying I threatened him. I sent a copy of the report from the officer who was there with me and ebay said that they were not going to do anything to changed the feedback.

Regardless, I have been lurking at all the guys listing giving anyone who bids on his items a heads up to what a sleazeball the guy is. He has lousy feedback and should be kicked off. Yet they ban SMARTFARMER for a week??? Sound like those yahoos are smoking too much hippie lettuce!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ebay seems to be just another liberal organization that seem to always take the side of the supposed victim... If there is a complaint it must be true regardless of the facts! :bonk:
All they want is the money. I think they're just one more example of an organization that has lost the ability to make a rational decision.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
LEOLAV said:
Sound like those yahoos are smoking too much hippie lettuce!!

ROF ROF ROF

·
Old Fart
3,225 Posts
Hey Smart Farmer!!

How about posting the phone number you used to call ebay back.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Which time?? I had to call powerseller support and another department. Also I just sent a short e-mail to all of the customers on my mailing list to let them know what is going on. They are going to try and get this resolved before the 7 days but we will see. I have been trying to boost up my website so I could get away from ebay but the advertisement from that site is just good.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really appreciate everyones kind words in their e-mail and hopefully this will be worked out soon?? But int he mean time i am going to go fishing :bannana: I love trout fishing but the whole ebay thing has cost me over 3 grand so I have to get away for a couple of days. hopefully you will understand and I will try to post on the local computer.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I am back and Ebay is still sticking it to me so I am diligently trying to find another site to post listings on. Do you guys have any suggestions? Also I know that it has been tossed around in the past but what if all the tractor forums and communities got together and made their own Ebay?? Would this be possible?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:eck16: They state that when my 7 day suspension is up that then I have to file for a re-instatement policy which could take up to one more week!!!!! I am really over them and want to do something badly. They say that all eBay members are policed by other eBay members so I found out who turned me in and he does less business than I do on average, so I turned him in to return the favor and nothing was done to prevent it. :banghead3

1 - 20 of 20 Posts