My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
We're all friends here
14,289 Posts
Re: I’m getting my OWN round fender!

You two were meant for each other. LTGal, we certainly do want pictures of your new toy and your big smile. :tango_face_grin:

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,401 Posts

Alright..........a tractor getting road trip!!! :greendr: Love a good tractor picking up, road trip.

Congrats, and be sure to share all the details and plenty of pics!

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts

Congrats! Sounds like a good time! :tango_face_smile: Looking forward to the pictures.

Was anticipating a JD round fender but seeing your latest pic and that this is also in the off topic section, that may not be the case! :tango_face_grin:

·
4,813 Posts
Cute little thing...in 1970 I ordered one of them..I think it was the 2nd or 3rd year for that style bumper......the color.... clementine orange..I had gotten sick with hepatitis.....ordered the car when I got better after a few months, but I lost a semester of college, and with it my student deferment...got my draft notice and had to cancel...the dealer was good about it...the price...$1,800.00...I bet this one is worth a lot more than that
They were great little cars...very dependable transportation...with good gas mileage for the time ...roll up windows,am radio, no AC ...you will have a blast with it...best of luck and many miles of trouble free driving

·
We're all friends here
14,289 Posts

:tango_face_surprise You had us going on that one. Have fun with your bug.

·
Super Moderator
29,535 Posts

Road knitting
First, congrats on going to get the new RF!!! Hopefully the trip isn't so long that you complete an afghan on the way!! Looking forward to the pics of the RF and the finished road knitting project too! :thThumbsU

Edit: Yep, you got me on that one!!! Congrats on the VW round fender!!

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,808 Posts

And here’s us waiting at the ice cream place 50 klicks out of Regina for the tow truck driver!

It made it up the one big hill that had me worried, but another 20k after that it started billowing white smoke... rather than drop an engine on the highway in the dark, we’ll drink some milkshakes and follow the tow truck driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,630 Posts

Congratulations, LTGal! Your little Bug looks great! Orange is a good color for it too. I've always liked these Bugs myself. I think they are very neat machines.

You really pulled the wool over our eyes. Here I was thinking a 110 RF, or something RF'ed, and green, so I had to laugh when I saw your Bug pics. They *are* RFs, aren't they.:tango_face_smile: Best of luck with it, and enjoy it!:fing32:

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
well that kinda sux but its probably just valve seats and guides..... they are nice engines to work on.. I had a few of them back in the day... toss a floor jack under the motor and get a couple buddies to lift the car. Congrats..your gonna luv your bug;)

and btw... I knew it wasnt gonna be tractor..Lol

and yes Tyson... it does need to be in the shop :D

·
Administrator
17,095 Posts

That wasn't an afghan she was knitting... it was the front seat cover! Congrats on the garage space. Did you have to ... wait for it... "bug" him for it?:sidelaugh
MikeC

1 - 20 of 122 Posts