My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JD 112L which is my wrenching machine, the GT235 gets all the work. Anyway I'm slowly "refreshing/restoring" the 112L and it has an Eaton Hydrostatic Transmission. When I was still mowing with this I would have to top off the hydro fluid before every mow, and sometimes during a long mowing session I would need to top it off during. Its not leaking around the drain plug, but its obviously leaking elsewhere. I went out the other day to start it and the transmission was dry. Are there rebuild kits for these? Would I be better off trying to source a used one? I don't want to sink a ton of money into this either, eventually I want to sell it for my next project.......

·
22,328 Posts
Check the final drive case bolts. If it has been previosly opened, there's a chance that the bolts have worked looseand dumped the oil.

Other locations are the seals on any shafts protruding from the case and any implement hydraulic lift hoses, etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice I'll check all the final drive bolts.......I wish there were implement hoses to check, the 112L is a small lawn tractor......I see you're from Sault St. Marie, are you a SOO Greyhounds fan?

·
22,328 Posts
I do favour the local franchise, just not a big fan of the sport in general since the donnybrooks in the NHL of the '60s. I liked watching Hockey Night in Canada with Foster Hewett, but I wasn't a fan of the Saturday Night Fights on ice. Little Beaver and Al "Bunny" Dunlop on Saturday morning wrestling were more to my taste.

The NHL play-off season is now a w-a-a-a-a-y too long to be of any interest to me and that spills over onto the Hounds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm afraid all of that was a little before my time, my only memories of HNIC is with Don Cherry.....a scary thought!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts