My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might sell off my older Toro stuff. I'm considering either a 520-H or maybe the newer 5xi series. Since the 520-H have not been made for about 15 years,,, can their hydro transaxle be rebuilt or replaced when worn out? If so, how much would that cost?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I beieve the 300-400 and 500 tractors used the same transaxle and Eaton 11 hydraulic pump. I know a lot, if not all the parts can be had or made (such as gaskets and such) but for the cost of a rebuild on one, I have no idea. It would depend also if your going to repair it or replace everything with new.

No NOS rear units that I know of unless you get very VERY lucky somewhere, but a barn find or another parts tractor wouldnt be out of the question would it??? :biglaugh::cool:

·
546cowboy
193 Posts
Those hydro's show up on Ebay all the time and actually I have a couple myself. I can't remember seeing anything about someone rebuilding one. With so many of those around I believe it would cost way more than getting a used one. Then again a used part is an unknown most of the time. :praying:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.