My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yard-Man, Model 13AX915T001, that operates as it should. The issue is the Hydro will not disengage. Everything moves as it should. Is not rusty etc. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
If you mean the release that allows you to push it around manually, check to see if the release rod is actually moving the release lever on the trans all the way. These are not always adjusted so it gets moved far enough by the little rod that protrudes out side the frame. Worth having a look. Hope that is all it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have checked that. I disconnected the rod from the release and pulled back as far as it will go and still no luck.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Hmm..I agree, that does seem odd. Not sure what to suggest. If it were me, I'd try jacking the rears off the ground safely, then try to wiggle tires back and forth while working that release lever to see if anything would kick it loose.
Is there any transmission auto brake when you are not on the tractor seat? Maybe have someone sit on the seat while you try to push the machine with the trans lever in the released position.
Another unlikely item, does the trans feature differential lock? Is it fully disengaged?

Sorry, I'm down to just guesses here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have tried everything. Everything works as it should except that. Never ran into this before.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
if the tractor is on a slope, or parking brake set etc - the gears may be meshed and under static load - to a point that pulling the lever picks up the linkage slack, but does not actually actuate the release mechanism.... ie if the gears were not locked, the lever would actually pull out more, and disengage the transmission.
see if that's the case by moving the tractor a bit, releasing the parking brake, and trying again....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had it on level ground, on a trailer, engaged and disengaged the parking brake. Tried rocking it. Nothing makes a difference.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
drive it forward and back... sometimes the parking brake alone, and rocking it, will not release the pressure between the hydro motor and the gears it drives....
start it up... press the fwd and rev pedal just to move it a few inches... see if that helps....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tried that too. I am at a loss. I am no expert by far but have been tinkering with mowers for 12 years or so. Never ran into this one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts