My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Blank Space
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Owner's Manual for my LS 25 HP SCUT calls for "ISO VG 32/46 API GL4" and recommends LSTH400 (Maker GS Caltrex or S-Oil Total Co, Ltd)" for the hydro/transaxle oil. I'm not familiar with ISO rating and I can't find anything in stores that mentions GL4. I did find this however:

https://www.ruralking.com/harvest-king-antiwear-hydraulic-oil-aw32-10w-2-gallon-jug

Is this compatible or do I need to look further before I do the 50 hour drain and fill?

·
Super Moderator
22,976 Posts
Mmm, lubrication specs are a minefield requiring the reading of all of the information on the bottle or pail until you get a feel for it, or find a simple spec that does all the work for you, such as JDM J20D.

ISO 32 covers the hydraulic end of the specs and GL-4 covers the gear box end of the specs. Google each individually to learn more.

Basically, you're looking for a transmission/ differential/ hydraulic fluid all in one bottle. If the bottle doesn't specify that, move on.

·
Blank Space
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still confused. All it says is 'Formulated for use in modern industrial and mobile hydraulic systems'. The rest of the label is the usual promotional and caution information.

·
Super Moderator
22,976 Posts
If you're confused, move on. There are lots of fluid options available that do meet the requirements and so specify on the bottle.

That one appears to address only the hydraulic requirements.

·
Blank Space
3,080 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,976 Posts
Sorry for the delay, but I'm caring for my paralyzed GF and can't get to the computer every day.

The Shell Rotella has the specs listed if you scroll down. Depending on the ambient temperature in your part of the world, some of the others also fill the bill. In particular, I've noticed that other members have selected the Traveller Premium Universal brand for their machines.

·
Blank Space
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ Tough situation. I haven't been here as much either due to some issues in life.

I was headed out the door yesterday and wanted to pick some up while I was out which is why I bumped. I'll get some at TSC next week on that trip. I only go a couple of times a month.

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Off topic somewhat;

Rural King owner Kermit Speer, who has passed had a farm just down the street from me.

Kermit and Keith Beaird built the Rural King store chain up to 84 stores at the time of his death.

He had a trailer house sitting on the edge of this farm that he stayed at when visiting this area, you would never know that he had a vast amount of business operations from his visits here.

At his time of death, he had about as many stores as family, they faired very well.

Bruce Speer, a grade ahead of me in school has climbed the corporate ladder and there are now 109 Rural King stores per Wikipedia.

The closest Rural King is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from here.

CCMoe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts