My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can I sue multi-trac oil from advanceauto in my 7205 or should I go to tractor supply and get there universal oil? or do I need to stick with Cubs factory oil?

·
21,424 Posts
Use whatever fluid meets the hydro manufacturers specs that is easily obtained for a reasonable cost.

You can't get a straighter answer than that. I doubt that Cub Cadet is the only manufacturer that uses that particular hydro, and I also doubt that the other manufacturers will spec Cub Cadet fluid for the hydro. They will spec their own house brand and the good manufacturers will spec a least one alternative fluid.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My take away is that 5w50 synthetic is pretty safe and a lot of JD owners with similar axles consider it an upgrade. After a lot of reading it's what I'll be putting in my F710. Hydro oil is more dependent on maintaining a specific viscosity so the pump and motor can work effectively. There are always internal leaks and as a unit wears the leaks get greater, requiring a higher viscosity to do the same job, without being too thick to operate properly when cold. 5w50 has an excellent span of viscosity to cover both cold and hot operation.

·
21,424 Posts
thats the problem cub does not release the spec's on hydraulic/transmission fluid . :/
Cub doesn't make the transmission. If you want the transmission fluid specs, consult the manufacturer of the transmission.

I will point out that you can get the specs from Cub. Just tell them that your tractor is 200 miles from the nearest dealer at your summer home and that you need a source of fluid closer to home. They will either give you the specs, or tell you that you have to use their fluid. It has been pointed out that the second one is illegal and they must supply an option.

The nearest Canadian MF dealer to me is over 200 miles away. Two-thirds of my province, an area equivalent to that of Texas, has no dealers. Cub Cadet isn't much better represented.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts