My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if any body recalls a while back i was rebuilding my lift . ichanged all three rings in her put it back the way it was , but it still leaks around both of the cyl.ports. i tried lock tight didnt work, tried thread tape still nothing. it seems as though ihave a half turn left to tighten them but that will not work because the hoses have to be paralell with the cly. i do think if i could tighten them up more it may stop, any ideas on this little problem???

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
alo are all three o rings the same thickness. and the two flat ones at the top that the one goes in between get new ones also. thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well after trying just about everthing i could, i took it to my local shop that does this kinda stuff. he is going to repair both lifts for 40.00 dollars, i thought that was not to bad, he showed me there are 3 orings and 2 back up rings and i didnt know this but there is also a little oring on the part that pushes the fluied up. that is why it was leaking on the bottom. if i would have new that i probably would have been all right. but thats all right know it know and i thought i would pass it on. we learn something new every day. thanks, gary990.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
I am amazed at the sequence assembly that is sometimes needed to get a cylinder to stop leaking.

AND, on a 20 something year old cylinder, some of those o-rings might just be flat missing!! :duh:

This sounds like a job best left to a pro, especially at that price!! :congrats:

·
Registered
646 Posts
had mine fixed , took it all apart took to hydro shop for rings , replaced small o ring on shaft 2 large rings at each end flat rings were ok ,he reamed out theh end . cylinder ,cleaned every thing and I took it home and put it together $20 works fine now ,was leaking at eac

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
had mine fixed , took it all apart took to hydro shop for rings , replaced small o ring on shaft 2 large rings at each end flat rings were ok ,he reamed out theh end . cylinder ,cleaned every thing and I took it home and put it together $20 works fine now ,was leaking at eac
You can't hardly beat that price. Thinking from now on I will check locally before messing with it myself. Thanks for the info Gary and Bernard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts