My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2001 craftsman ltx1000 with a 166768 314-0510 hydro gear tramsaxle that backs up just fine, but when you put it in forward it does nothing at low rpm. When you increase the rpm and put the motion control all the way forward, it will lunge forward for a few feet, stop then lunge again. The oil is full and I've purged the system a couple of times. Anybody got any suggestions? thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has a filler plug and it's full of oil. I found a repair pdf from hydro-gear and am going to check the control arm and bypass area very closely. it has the whine when it starts to pull in reverse, but not in forward.

·
Registered
837 Posts
That generation has the potential for the entire pedal assembly to get out of adjustment. Send me a PM and I can send you the Tech Service Update books for 2002 - for which your model would fall under. They're posted around here somewhere, but I can't find them right now for some dumb reason. :trink40:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok finally got it. seems one of the relief valves behind the filter was unscrewed and ready to fall out, holding the release valve partially open. thanks for all the help!

·
YS4500 Driver
69 Posts
Hey Lestro...

Can you explain a little more waht your problem was.... was this loose valve on the OUTSIDE of the tranny, or where?.....

Mine don't got any external filter, and I'm guessing you have a different model, but I'm still curious about what you found....

Can you describe it for me/us?....

Thanx a bundle ...

James

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the valve is on the inside of the transaxle and behind the filter(it's actually a screen). there's two valves that the transaxle release actuates. one was about to fall out. Hope this helps, Les

1 - 11 of 11 Posts