My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Roll Tide Roll!!!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago a friend of mine brought me his -0610 Hydro Gear out of his Husqvarna. It wouldn't go over a fireant mound when he brought it to me. When I drained the oil, it was full of metal shavings and at that point I had my doubts that we were going to get out of this rebuid for less than a new unit.

After cracking the case and laying out parts, I discovered that from the factory, a race had been installed backwards! :banghead3 :banghead3 :banghead3 You can see how the bearings wore a grove into the backside!!!

So, I had him order the center section, motor and input pumps, and new bearings and races.

-0610 layed out ready for reassembly.

Cleaned and ready.

Center section and motor pump in place.

Input pump, swash plate and input shaft in.

Gears installed. It is ready for the halves to be put back together.

We added AMSOIL 20-50w synthetic, purged it and it has been overrunning fireant hills since without even a hint of slowing down! :drunkie:

Total cost was less than $250. Biggest cost was the center section. That metal sure wore it out bad.

Saint

·
Roll Tide Roll!!!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nitrous! I sure try! And a little of this :praying: helps too!!!

Saint

·
Roll Tide Roll!!!
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on the two Hydro Gear transaxles I rebuilt over a year ago. Both are still pulling stronger than when they were new without any problems. Both have had better than 120 hours put on them. After this mowing season ends in a couple of months, I plan to drop both and change the oil and see how it looks. I suspect the oil that is used from the manufacturers does not hold up as well as the Amsoil I used when rebuilt. Over the last year I have acquired all items needed to do a swap to the K66, but as long as this rebuilt one keeps pulling as hard as it is, there is no need to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts