My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First,

I would like to say this is my first post, and although I know there is a Gravely section, I feel this would be better off here... please let me know if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I recently purchased a Kubota powered Gravely Promaster 400 that had a known hydraulic leak. I find that both of the check valves which are used to bleed the system continue to leak when the unit is off. Every day a good puddle is there, probably happens while the fluid is warm or if there is any movement (i.e. I push the mower and the system charges a bit).

Anyway, I only found these parts online at one store for $136ea!... so that made me come here and ask a couple of questions:

1) Is there a way to repair these? It seems there is a seal that has gone bad, but I cannot a gasket or "O" ring of any sort, just metal on metal, and it doesn't appear that there is damage done. perhaps the springs are weakened?

2) Can I just cap this off? Find a bolt with the same thread, and plug it? It's only used to bleed the system if it runs low on fluid... so if I change them out while it's leaking out, no air would get in?

3) Is there a cheaper place to find these?

Thanks for your help!

To find it: hopefully the link works:

http://partsradar53.arinet.com/scri...oginID=ariensc&loginpwd=consumer&partner=ARNC

Part #: 58901300

Thanks!

Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts