My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a 2305 Deere and a BX 2360 Kabota. I understand that both tractors raise the mid mount mower and the cat 1 hitch at the same time. The 2305 offers an additional cost unit that will separate the two. I don’t know if the BX does.
Question…. is this a troublesome issue or simply an inconvenience?

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
Hi CVM, the unit you mention is the independent lift kit on the Deere. If you're thinking of getting a loader then I wouldnt consider the lift kit. You have to swap hydraulic lines when changing between the loader and mower as they both use the joystick for functionality.

Alot of us have had small anomolies with the lift kit - you'll see if you do a search in the Deere forum.

I would save your money and use the standard mower lift. In practice you'll find that you dont really keep the mower on if you're doing any work with an implement on the back.

You're looking at two great machines there - you wont go wrong with either. Good luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Smeagol,

Do I understand that without the additional valve that raising/lowering any one of the loader, mower or cat1 hitch would cause all three to take place at the same time.

Is this common on larger tractors?

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
CVM, on the 2305 there are 4 hydraulic ports - when you have the loader on you use all four. The ind lift kit takes one, so you have to unplug the yellow outlet and swap it out for the lift kit hose. These are quick release couplers though. So the upshot is you cant use the loader and ind lift kit at the same time.

With the standard mower lift, the rear hydraulics are linked to the midmount mower so you lift one you lift the other also. This does mean that if you have anything attached to the rear linkage its going to lift up and down also. But, like I said, in reality if you're going to do any work with a rear mounted attachment you will probably take the mower off anyway. This applies for both the Kubota and the Deere.

It sounds worse than what it is, in the real world you wont really find either a problem, its just a way of working.

Hope thats helpful.

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,256 Posts
I am considering a 2305 Deere and a BX 2360 Kabota. I understand that both tractors raise the mid mount mower and the cat 1 hitch at the same time. The 2305 offers an additional cost unit that will separate the two. I don’t know if the BX does.
Question…. is this a troublesome issue or simply an inconvenience?
re. the 2305, smeagol covered it pretty good.

The BX series does not offer an independant lift for the MMM, like all utility tractors w/MMM's, the MMM lift works off of the 3ph. JD is the only one that offers an independant lift option to my knowledge.
Is it a problem? No, not at all. Theres work arounds for everything :D

Usually, most don't finish mow w/the FEL and/or other 3ph implements attached w/the exception of a grass collector and most of them are ridged mounted so they don't raise or lower w/the 3ph.
Having the FEL or other implements mounted cuts down on the manuverability of the tractor immensely. You'd be surprised at the damage a SCUT's FEL's and 3ph implements can do.....

In the case of the BX series, the MMM can be locked in the top position when one wants to run 3ph implements and this keeps it up and out of the way, to the extent of it's ground clearance allows.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I asked the salesman at Deere about this issue. He agreed with you folks that this is not a big issue. He did tell me that there is a way to block up the mower so that the mower will stay put while using the cat 1 hitch. Since I've not made a choice yet, I didn't pursue his advice.

·
myyyy preciousssss!
402 Posts
Hi CVM, that is correct - both the Kubota and the Deere have the ability to set the mower in the highest 'locked' position. I can't speak for the Kubota but I find on the Deere that even the locked position is still not high enough to do any serious work.

I know a couple of guys use a bungy cord or similar to keep their 3 point hitch in its highest position so that it doesnt go up and down with the mower if it bothers you. Good luck on your decision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts