My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need to fill my leaky HT23's hydraulic system. I was told it takes 20W sae engine oil, is this right?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Now would be a good time to fix those leaks. If oil can get out then dirt and other foreign materail can get in.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now would be a good time to fix those leaks. If oil can get out then dirt and other foreign materail can get in.
Yeah, it is on my agenda but I have to split the rearend and remove the right axle housing, fire up the miller and burn some nickel. It is very small leak but a large fix. The PO had left the second set of pins out of the rearend when using the tiller, it tried to climb aboard the rear of the tractor, the pto ground about a half a pound of steel off the bottom of the axle housing. They patched it with a hunk of steel and some JB weld, drips a little. As soon as my son gets his 1476's deck back together, it will go under the knife, but I will need to refill rearend and keep it going for another day. Plus, I want to refill and change filter when done with surgery.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I agree with deerlope that you should first fix the leaks. I use this fluid in my eaton 11s. I had very good luck with it.

Jason

·
Registered
829 Posts
I agree with deerlope that you should first fix the leaks. I use this fluid in my eaton 11s. I had very good luck with it.

Jason

You beat me to it jason.

Iuse UTF fluid in mine and have good luck with it.It runs about $50 a 5 gallon bucket and you will need about 10 quarts.

·
5,525 Posts

Jason

I read in your sig that you have a 1476 and a 1886 both have a eaton 12 not a 11.

Just to let you know. :thThumbsU

ATF works as good to.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I read in your sig that you have a 1476 and a 1886 both have a eaton 12 not a 11.

Just to let you know. :thThumbsU

ATF works as good to.
Yes, I know. I had a 2000 eliminator and a 1600 eliminator for a while. Those both have the eaton 11 in them. I use ATF type f in my eaton 12s.

Jason

·
5,525 Posts
Yes, I know. I had a 2000 eliminator and a 1600 eliminator for a while. Those both have the eaton 11 in them. I use ATF type f in my eaton 12s.

Jason
Sorry about that dident know you had bolens with eaton 11.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts