My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I need some help with a lift swap. I have a hydro 129 and a hydro 782 that is a parts tractor. I want to swap the lift and 3pt off of the 782 and put it on the 129. The only issue that I can see is that the lift lever is built into the dash on the 782. What will the swap entail? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Murphycc,
Where does the lever on a 1450 or something mount?
Please feel free to ask your question. Without questions asked, there would be no knowledge gained.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think you'll need everything off a 149/169 tractor. The only thing will work off the 782 will be the pump. ql's pump will alos work but all the lines will be different. I could look for you tommorrow. I have a 1650 hydro set up on the shelf if you interested. I think the 1650 tower is different from a 129.

·
Banned
852 Posts
I think you'll need everything off a 149/169 tractor. The only thing will work off the 782 will be the pump. ql's pump will alos work but all the lines will be different. I could look for you tommorrow. I have a 1650 hydro set up on the shelf if you interested. I think the 1650 tower is different from a 129.

I figured so much. Wonder if the towers will interchange? I've had a couple of QLs and I swapped out hydraulics and other things but not the 1??s, never had any interest.

The "82"s are by far the most practical tractors CC or CCC ever made and you'll never beat the smooooothness of a twin. That's why I asked about WHY? Is the 782 a total loss?

Scott

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the 782 for $60 as a rolling chassis. Everything was there except the engine. I have considered repowering it, but by the time I am done with it, I'll have $2000 in it. I just haven't convinced myself that this is justifiable. This is why I was going to swap the lift over to the 129. It sounds like it would be quite a lot of work in addition to the expense of buying more parts to complete the swap. What do y'all think.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Wow $60 for a roller, that's pretty good, iron rear?
No you'll find a runner for about $300-350 if you look hard enough. I just picked up a good runner for $350 Yesterday. I'm not trying to convince you of doing anything other than what you want, just another point of view.

Scott

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I know that we all like to see pics, so I wanted to post one of the roller. The problem that I have run into, is that in West Texas, there aren't too many Cubs. I found out that most of them are out east for some reason. I appreciate all of the info that y'all have given me. I guess I just need a push in the right direction. Thanks.

Jamie

Attachments

·
Banned
852 Posts
If you have all four hub caps they alone will bring $150 on ebay, my set sold for $168. The grill if not damaged will bring $35, hood ornament if not damaged will bring about $30, tail lights $25, Nose with head lights $60. You were given a gift.

Scott

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What are the pros and cons of an electric lift? What would the setup cost? Does it make any sense to find a Kohler single 16 to replace the missing KT17?

Jamie

·
Registered
507 Posts
8481Boy,

If you personally don't have an interest in the 782, there are a lot of guys out there who REALLY do like them. I'm betting that you could sell that thing, whole or in parts, for a lot more money than you would need, to buy anything you want for your 129.

Not trying to tell you what to do or anything... just a thought.

Good luck with whatever you chose.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the advice C C Head. I guess that I just need some assurance that spendng the money to restore the 782 is a monetarily sound decision. I suppose I could sell the 129 to cover some of the cost.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yo'll need alot of parts to get the 782 in good shape. Is the haness good, hydro pump, f/e, rear.Missing side panels and what ever else. I do agree that a 18m runs real nice but it's going to cost you alot to find the right parts to get that back together. I would put that in the garage and over time your find the parts to get it back together. Or find one complete and part out the one you have. You have to have 3 to 400 in parts the way it sits. If you wheren't that far I would buy it from you. I have a line on a 18m engine for it.
Back to the 129 I have seen people put in an electric lift. It fits under the tunnel cover.
Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mike,

The 782 is complete minus the engine. It does need some stuff replaced to bring it to restored quality such as new guages, gas cap, tires, paint, seat and so on. To get it back to running condition I would only need to stick an engine in it.

What is the line on the engine?

Jamie

·
Registered
469 Posts
Jamie,
It might be worth fixing up. Do little at a time. But it still might be cheapeer to get a runner .
I'm not sure yet on the engine . He never told me what he wanted it for it. But I have an engine he wants so a trade might be in the works.
Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Mike,

You know, my primary motivation for fixing up the 782 right now is that I have 19,000 square feet of lawn that needs to be tilled. The 782 has the hitch on it already and I just bought an IH tiller. I suppose I could just swap the hitch over to the 129 or just buy a new one. Do you have any leads on a 3pt.?How about any more info on the electric lift under the tunnel cover? Also, have you thought about what you might be asking for the engine?

Jamie

·
Registered
469 Posts
Jamie,
I haven't heard back from the guy. It's going to be expensive for shipping. It's got to be easier to fine something out there or closer. Electric lifts are not that strong. I would convert to hydro lift. I do have 3 points for wide frames. I get 125.00 plus shipping on the 3 point. You could strong arm it until you convert to hydro. Or just get a spring assist for the 129.
Mike

1 - 20 of 30 Posts