My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this message is for sixchows, i have a copy of the lift kit you installed on 1050, that is exactly what i am looking for to install on a 1253 . have you got any others laying around or know where i might be able to get one

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hi Ron
Good to see you back!

I know the bolens page might be a little hard to find. It's in the lawn and garden tractor section. You need to open that and then look at the list of brands.

I'll see about getting this thread moved there. In the meantime if you can't find it email or send me a PM and I'll help you find it.

Getting back to your question, I have picked up 2 of these in the last year or so. Both came from fellow member Rick Show. He has them from time to time and his descriptions are always honest, and prices fair. Obviously anything exceptionally clean will demand a high price. There was a brand new complete NOS system on ebay a few weeks ago. Even had the factory seals and plugs on all the lines. I don't know where it finished as I stopped following it and got caught up in the new forum!

You can contact Rick at [email protected]. Tell him I sent you! He'll take good care of you! It may take him a little time to find one so check back from time to time.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Ken
Sounds like a good deal! I would have thought more like $400-$450 since it was NOS. Used ones usually go for $125 missing parts to around $200+ and you really have no way of knowing how well they work, unless you know who you're getting it from.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hi Ron
They are all pretty much the same. Sometimes the difference in model # is due to a color change, or an upgraded part within the system.
Here's a list of one's that will fit;
18703-04
18703-05
18703-06
There may be others, I'll see if I can find more info.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Ron
Why not post some "wanted" ads? Put one here in the classified forum. Put some others at yahoo bolensgclassified and maybe even on the other yahoo bolens forums. You could try bolens driver forum also but it doesn't seem too busy over there.
Another thing you could do is, email Rick at [email protected] and ask him to keep you in mind when he gets one.
Also look through the bolens ebay auctions and look for bolensboy, junky1050, joes outdoor power, laura, achotwires, avanti, etc and email each one and tell them what you are looking for. Just one last thing, don't be so anxious as to take one missing parts or leaking badly. Parts can be just as hard to find depending on what you need.

If I see any, I'll let you know.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
a123456789iceberg said:
this message is for sixchows, i have a copy of the lift kit you installed on 1050, that is exactly what i am looking for to install on a 1253 . have you got any others laying around or know where i might be able to get one
I dont know if you found one yet .. but here is one listed on ebay .. maybe sixchows can take a look at it and see if looks complete .. I would not have a clue, since I have not seen one installed

Goodluck .. and win it if you still need it :smilie_fl

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4377244444&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Looks like the only things missing are the two bars that go under the engine and stick out on the right side to support the pump assembly and the belt. The buy it now is a decent price. It does have the belt gaurd which is usually missing. I would email the guy and ask about the brackets and the belt. The brackets are only solid square bars with a few holes drilled in them. Usually at least one is broken. If he doesn't have them I could give you the dimensions including spacing for the holes. If he has them and are broken, tell him you want them for templates or to possibly repair.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Looks like that height indicator is missing off the cylinder. Don't be scared! It's only a piece of wire similar to a welding rod! Real easy to make and I can get you a tracing of mine!

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
sixchows said:
Looks like that height indicator is missing off the cylinder. Don't be scared! It's only a piece of wire similar to a welding rod! Real easy to make and I can get you a tracing of mine!
Sixchows,

Do you if a123456789iceberg ever found a lift kit ? I posted this for him and e-mailed him directly and never heard back ??

I see it has some bids on it ..

Ken .. the other BOLENS NUT

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Ken
I think he may be bidding on it. I asked the seller a few questions and got an email back from him. Seems he doesn't know about the bars. He doesn't have the belt and has never had it operate so can't say for sure how it works. I forwarded the email to Ron which included the seller's phone # so he can ask directly and maybe get a "feel" about what the guy knows about it. I also emailed Ron the picture I posted here so he could forward it to the seller and point out the bars. It was on an 850, but that doesn't matter, they are all the same.

I hope it doesn't go much higher than the "buy it now" of $229. Once it hit the reserve the buy it now was gone. There are about 3 days left and it's at $179, could easily pass $229.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
sixchows said:
Ken
I think he may be bidding on it. I asked the seller a few questions and got an email back from him. Seems he doesn't know about the bars. He doesn't have the belt and has never had it operate so can't say for sure how it works. I forwarded the email to Ron which included the seller's phone # so he can ask directly and maybe get a "feel" about what the guy knows about it. I also emailed Ron the picture I posted here so he could forward it to the seller and point out the bars. It was on an 850, but that doesn't matter, they are all the same.

I hope it doesn't go much higher than the "buy it now" of $229. Once it hit the reserve the buy it now was gone. There are about 3 days left and it's at $179, could easily pass $229.
I see stuff pass the buy it now price ALL the time ...Its a shame sometimes for the buyer .. but the seller makes out

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Ken wrote...
"I see stuff pass the buy it now price ALL the time ...Its a shame sometimes for the buyer .. but the seller makes out"

Moral of the story, if you want it grab it! If it turns out to be not what you were hoping for wait a little while and list it again. As long as the price is within reason, chances are you won't lose.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
sixchows said:
It sold for $305! For the $229 "buy it now" it was a good deal.
:fing20: Yikes ,, I hate when that happens .. more so when its me doing the buying .. you take a chance .. and pay more when you really want somthing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts