My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, - Tractor is a kubota L3560HSTCC (2015 model)
Today I discovered a leak in the front left cylinder (attached from tractor bucket to body), i think over time this leak must have drained a lot of the hydraulic fluid as today when driving and lifting with the tractor, the bucket was slow in response and the power steering was faulty and would occasionally lock up.

I believe this leak is due to a faulty o ring (maybe due to the swift temperature drops in my town or from impact of some sort on the buckets cylinder)

I know very little about the hydraulics of this tractor and so I’m wondering if anyone has any advice on how to remedy the problem, otherwise ill have to bite the bullet at the dealer.

Im wondering if replacing the o ring in the leaky cylinder and then topping up the hydraulic fluid will work. I have read that the hydraulic and power steering systems are connected so in theory this should fix both problems?

Really appreciate any advice

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Welcome to MTF
Without trying to sound similar to your parents you should get in the habit of checking your tractors fluid levels on a regular basis or you'rte going to end up spending BIG $$$$$$. I doubt cold weather caused the hyd leak but a good hyd repair business should be able to repair your leaking hyd cylinder. With engine off you can lower boom then no pressure should be on hoses. Remove hoses,unpin cylinder,remove then transport cylinder to repair facility or dealer for repair

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Good info Tx Jim.

tractor16. Before you operate that tractor again check the HST fluid level and add SUDT2 until it shows full on the dip stick. Don't over fill. Check the level with all connected implement down with all pressure relieved. This includes the FEL if attached and the 3PH.

If you continue to operate the tractor with low hydraulic fluid you could damage the hydraulic pump or worse, the HST. You will then be looking at LARGE sums of $$$$'s to repair. The hydraulic fluid not only provides the power to lift implements but it also provides the power and lubrication to drive powered implements and also propel the tractor. Basically the engine turns several hydraulic pumps and the hydraulic pumps drive the tractor, the PTO, power steering and the various lifts. So proper fluid level is imperative.

re. the lift cylinder. You can repair it yourself or have a hydraulic shop do it. Those cylinders are very stout and don't go out often without something occuring to them. It would probably be wise to pull the cylinder and take it to a repair shop so they can check and make sure the ram isn't bent. If it's bent they can either straighten it or replace it. A bent ram will never stop leaking.

There are seal kits available for most all hydraulic devices. Search Messicks | Your home for New Holland, Case IH, Kubota & More... for your model and parts breakdowns. It's invaluable info and they ship.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts