My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long search, I've finally found and bought a 640 that appears to be in pretty good condition for its age. I'm enjoying going over it to see what I've got and am looking forward to using it this coming Spring.

My question: what hydraulic fluid do I use in this tractor? I can't find out what is in it already as the tractor came from an estate sale, and I want to change all the fluids to get off to a new start with it. I've read in the forums to use UTF, so I bought a container at the local Tractor Supply. When I googled the specs on the container, it said the viscosity of the UTF was 100. That seems to be awfully heavy for a hydraulic fluid. Is it? Can somebody help me out here.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,249 Posts
There's different numbers used for viscocity ratings that don't all necessarily mean the same thing as the numbers used on motor oil cans like 10W-30.

You want a UTF that says on the container that it meets the Ford MC2134D specification. You can use M2C134D rated UTF in every sump on your tractor except the motor's crankcase. You can use it in the hydraulics, transmission and rear axle, plus the power steering if your tractor has it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.