My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a brand new Kubota L3700 with loader and backhoe, and most importantly a Ferri ZME 155 slope mower(flail) to cut my clients fields with. I had the dealer install the aux. hydraulic controls for the mower, which I ran and picked up from the wholesaler myself to get it done sooner. Now the problem is that the fittings on the Ferri mower(Italian made) seem to be metric and the fittings supplied from Kubota are SAE pipe thread. Do any of you know of someone who stocks metric to standard bushings/adaptors?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
There's more to fittings than metric and pipe.
There's NPT, ORB, JIC, face seal, NPTF, DIN to name a few, a real pia trying to adapt one to the other unless you know what you have.
I just ran into it at work trying to adapt a Link Belt excavator to JIC to run a Seppi mower, also Italian. It ended up the machine (excavator) was Japanese made and used DIN fittings, try and find them locally :). BTW, the mower was ORB (o ring boss)
Your best bet would be to take off the fittings you're working with and visit the local hydraulic shop and go from there.....Mike

·
16,809 Posts
There's more to fittings than metric and pipe.
There's NPT, ORB, JIC, face seal, NPTF, DIN to name a few, a real pia trying to adapt one to the other unless you know what you have.
I just ran into it at work trying to adapt a Link Belt excavator to JIC to run a Seppi mower, also Italian. It ended up the machine (excavator) was Japanese made and used DIN fittings, try and find them locally :). BTW, the mower was ORB (o ring boss)
Your best bet would be to take off the fittings you're working with and visit the local hydraulic shop and go from there.....Mike
Very good advice!!! takes a hour or so--and saves you a lot of headache....

·
Registered
790 Posts
Mike Milburn is right about the wide variety of fittings. It can be a very difficult procedure to identify and locate exactly what you are looking for. In some cases it might actually be simpler to take the different fitting types to a local machine shop and see if it is possible (and practical) that they might be able to machine and/or weld up adapter fittings for you. It you do try this route be sure that the shop you are dealing with has expert machining and welding skills - this is no place for a cobbled job. Good luck with your project!

JN

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Your fittings may be stamped with what they are or the part number and the name of said fitting. Take that info to your local "fitting shop" and they should be able to help cross reference them and get you on track with fittings that will work for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts