My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
case hellraiser
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had any body put a hydraulic filter on a case/ing? The reason I ask is bc I can see some metallic in my tank.should the metallic in the tank be a concern?:thanku:

·
NOT ENOUGH MUD OR SNOW!!!
725 Posts
I didn't know that you could get a hydro trans without a filter. I don't know enough about the case tractors. Do you have a part # and a manufacture of the hydro? Contact the manufacture of the hydro and see if came with one and where its located or see if you can put one on if it doesn't come with one. I would be a little worried about the shavings going through the hydraulic system.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
The Case/Ingersoll system is not a 'hydro' or hydrostatic ... it is a hydraulic drive system.

General recommendation is that a filter is not needed unless you have power steering.

Change the oil with a good quality 15W40 and you should be good to go ... flush out 20 years worth of minor wear ...

Brian

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I just took my hydraulic pump apart, It was already bad and I like to know how things work. These pumps are very simple in design and unless you have someone dropping gravel in your tank do not worry about a little bit of flakes in the oil. The pump is a simple gear driven design, much similar to the oil pump on my Harley.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts