My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried posting a while ago, but it didn't go, so am trying again.

Have a JD 2350 with a front mount dethatcher. Kind of a pain to lift the dethatcher manually. Made a bracket to mount to the dethather, which then mounts to the front quick hitch that is used for the snow blower. Tried it out late this afternoon, and it seems to work great. All that is left is the JD green paint.
Enjoy the pics
Greg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice job, keep us posted when it's all painted. I bought a dethatcher for the front of my old John Deere 111. Now that I bought a John Deere 655 I am thinking that maybe I can make a bracket for the rear 3pt hitch.

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
Very nice and let us know how it works out for you. slkpk

·
Registered
168 Posts
That looks sweet.

Might I ask the width of the dethatcher?

Thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The width of the main dethatcher is 40". I have two additional 8" extensions, so my overall width is 56".

Here are some pics of the finished/painted dethatcher. Tried it out briefly, and it seems like it will work fine.

In the lowered position

In the raised position

Was a fun little project.
Enjoy the pics.

Greg

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
Very nice! :thThumbsU

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.