My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still getting used to my X749 that I got in January. I have the 47" snowblower on it. Yes, it is still snowing in MN. I just used it a few days ago as we had gotten nearly 10".

One thing I have noticed is that when I get to the end of the driveway, I will lift the blower up and make a fairly tight turn to reposition the tractor for the next pass. During the turn I like to rotate the chute so it's ready to keep blowing in the same direction once I drop the blower back into float. However, not every time but frequent enough, the chute will not rotate while I am turning around. Once I get the tractor straight, it will rotate without issue.

Would this be a common or isolated issue? I do have the correct amount of hydraulic fluid in it. My only theory is that the 4WD/4WS is getting all of the fluid in a turn and none is being diverted to the chute rotation. But, it doesn't happen every time. Any thoughts on what I could look at to resolve this???

·
MTF mile high club member
5,919 Posts
Sounds like you pretty much answered your own question; some turns you could be loading it more than others. You do have the lockout valve installed and closed, right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts