My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2009 Husqvarna YTH2454. I also got the mulch kit for the deck, and have installed the blades and mulch plug. My question is can I take the guard that is on the deck off since the plug is in? And if so is it easy to get on and off, and how does one go about getting it off? Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I wondered the same thing about my LA135...Many mention just use a bungee to hold it in a vertical position....works fine for me...c1tobor

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
14,553 Posts
I have removed the guard on my tractors w/o incident as long as the mulch plug is in. The guard is held on by either a threaded rod and nut or a push on, tight fitting nut just to keep the rod from sliding out. Take that off and the rod should slide out from the other end. Save the spring and take notice of how it is seated in case you want to reinstall it. Should take only a minute to remove. You could tie it up but then it will be in the way if you want to get on from the right side. :smilie_fl

·
Registered
301 Posts
I took mine off, can't see why it needs to be installed. Just have to make sure the plug doesn't fall off since the blade is exposed.

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I'll have to try taking it off tomorrow before I start mowing. It should give me a little extra room to work with around all my trees. Thanks again all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts