My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks like the transmission is a 415663, or Ariens part 21547259. Is this the same as a RT800 or RS400 by General Transmission? Are there any modern transmissions / transaxles that would drop into this Husqvarna YTA19k42 96045033-00?

I'm going to drop the deck and take a look at the pulleys and steel cable wires. It has had a problem going into reverse for a long time, it would stutter, sort of go, stop, or sometimes it would catch and work somewhat fine but slow. I really dislike these hydrostatic transaxles!!!

Anyway, I adjusted the shift rod that has a slotted hole for adjustment. I moved it the other day and got both forward and reverse working fine. Then I went to go over some large piles of leaves and debris, and the rear end of the transaxle has a steel cable rod and some very thin plastic pulleys on the other end of the transaxle, and the steel wire rod that slipped out, was inside a grommet with a spring and clip. This came off, and the mower wouldn't engage into either gear, it was driveless. I used a fishing magnet, found at least two parts for the rear, and reconnected the cable. I had drive back, but no reverse.

In reverse, the mower wheels will just slightly stutter. I again adjusted the bracket for the shifter and no matter what position, I could not get reverse. Pushing on the brake and releasing the pedal seems to have some sort of effect while in reverse, but still won't engage.

I have a feeling it may be related to the brake cable, rod or spring? I jacked up both ends so that they were level, and the engine will only run when the brake pedal is engaged! If I let the pedal return, the engine dies. If I sit it back down, it'll start when I engage the brake pedal, and continue to run after I let go of the pedal. Kind of strange? Something else must be wrong.

Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All right, I'm pretty sure I lost some linkage, springs, rod, or something. Any idea what might have fallen off, and are there any diagrams on how to get it back together? I'm looking but I haven't found it yet.
Ok, added some more pictures and circled the areas where I think parts are missing better. And showing the backside.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Bicycle tire

Bicycle part Engineering Gas Automotive wheel system Gear

1 - 3 of 3 Posts