My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here me out... :cool:
I have 3/4 of an acre - flat front yard, gradual grade in back yard. Not going to do any pulling enough to really consider that.

A 2015 Husqvarna YT42LS, 133 hours on it, Kawasaki 18hp, 42"deck on it.
A 2019 John Deere X300, 20 hours on it (yes, 20!), Kawasaki 17hp, 42" deck, I mean it looks brand new. (guy bought last spring and is moving now going to take a BATH on it).
A 2014 John Deere X320, 161 hours on it, Kawasaki 22hp, 48" deck on it.

Husky can get for $700.
JD X300 can get for $1600.
JD X320 can get for $1600.

Which way you going?

·
Money Pit
389 Posts
It all depends on what you want and what you can afford. The X320 is the best of the bunch. The 48 inch mower deck is thicker gage steel built to last, very comfortable to drive, steers like butter, great engine, great transmission. Downfall weak hoods and cruddy seat material. I've also had to replace a few control modules over the years but that seems to have been owner fault.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
BTW that X300 isnt a 2019--- JD stopped making them in 2015 ( became X330 or X350 in 2016) So I'd go with X320-- very nice LT, K58 tranny

·
Registered
210 Posts
That Husky is cheaper for a reason... mainly because it's BUILT cheap. Plenty of folks have had frame failures with their Husky tractors including my neighbor. Always buy the best you can afford!

EDIT: I wanted to add, most (all?) of the cases of frame failure I've read were not from people that were just mowing on flat ground, and I am not sure what my neighbor did to his but I believe he said he was crossing a ditch? His frame cracked at the rear so he just welded it back together. But regardless of the intended use, I personally would stay away from anything that fails that easily. It's not like he put a homemade FEL on a lawn tractor chassis or anything.

·
That Guy
1,082 Posts
X320 all day long. The heavier transaxle, the 48" deck, higher horsepower, all in a package that is extremely comfortable to run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts